forty five! ⋆ YOU JUST SAVED THE WORLD

( songs for the chapter )⋆ all my loving // the beatles⋆ never ending story // st soundtrack ⋆ scoops troop // st soundtrack

⋆ all my loving // the beatles
⋆ never ending story // st soundtrack
⋆ scoops troop // st soundtrack

( songs for the chapter )⋆ all my loving // the beatles⋆ never ending story // st soundtrack ⋆ scoops troop // st soundtrack

KATE WAS GRIPPING STEVE'S HAND as tightly as she could. Like if she were to slacken her grip — even just a little bit — he'd somehow slip away.

It all felt so surreal, even though they'd all been battling terrifying humanoid creatures since 1983. It was only getting worse as the years went by. Every time they thought they were safe, it only hit back ten times harder.

"Hey," Steve whispered softly to her. "Look at me."

Kate pursed her lips to the side and turned her head to face him. He used his free hand – the one that wasn't being crushed to death – to cup her cheek. He pressed his forehead against hers.

"It's okay. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you, alright? It's okay."

Upon hearing his comforting words, Kate felt like a weight had been lifted from her chest. Her eyes glazed over with unshed tears as she gazed back into his hazel eyes, immediately feeling the same love she felt for him.

But there was still that worry lingering in the back of her head.

Her dad was going into dangerous territory; the place Kate and the rest of the group only narrowly escaped from. It would be insanely naïve of her to think they could just close the gate without any trouble. Kate could only pray that he returned. And that Joyce and Murray came back too.

Kate nodded her head in response, trying to form a small smile.

Despite still being completely and utterly terrified, Steve's presence was enough to soothe her rapidly beating heart — at least, a little bit. She always felt better with him around; like she could do anything with him at her side.

Steve smiled back and pressed a quick, soft kiss to her lips before sitting back against the interior of the car. He squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Dusty-bun, you copy?" a foreign, high-pitched female voice crackled through the supercomm. It was obvious whoever was on the other end was no more than thirteen-years-old.