thirty three! ⋆ KEEP THE DOOR OPEN

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet baby // stanley clarke & george duke⋆ i will // the beatles

⋆ sweet baby // stanley clarke & george duke
⋆ i will // the beatles

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet baby // stanley clarke & george duke⋆ i will // the beatles

STEVE CAME HOME WITH KATE that night. They'd driven in their own cars to the cabin, and while Steve went to her bedroom, the blonde went to check on El. She could hear "Lovergirl" playing loudly from her radio, and her brows furrowed slightly. If she was alone with Mike, Jim would completely keel over.

She cracked the door open, only to see her and Max dancing together on the bed. Kate smiled before shutting the door again.

It was obvious she'd missed something, because somehow El had completely ditched Mike and ended up becoming best friends with Max, a girl she couldn't stand a few months ago. Kate shrugged it off though, because whatever had happened, lead to El being happier than the blonde had ever seen her.

She walked back to her bedroom, finding that Steve had put on music of his on. "Sweet Baby" was playing softly from her record player — he had bought her that vinyl only days prior.

Steve laid in the middle of her bed, in nothing but his boxers. Without the knowledge of the proper way to react, Kate just laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, jokingly offended.

"Why are you half-naked in my bed?"

Steve smirked as he leaned up on his elbows. "Why don't you come find out?"

"You're a dumbass, Harrington," Kate shook her head.

She climbed in bed, anyway, laying on top of him as she pressed her lips to his. The blonde ran her fingers through his hair as Steve's hands gripped her waist. They only parted so Kate could take off her dress. And once she was left in nothing but her underwear, they began to kiss again.

Steve rolled two of them over, so that Kate was on her back. He kissed her lips once, twice, then a third time, before pressing wet kisses to her jaw and down her neck. One of his hands left her hips to trail up her side and to her back to attempt to unhook her bra.