twenty five! ⋆ DAMN GOOD BABYSITTER

( songs for the chapter )⋆ i'll follow the sun // the beatles⋆ hold me now // thompson twins⋆ under pressure // queen⋆ should i stay or should i go // the clash

⋆ i'll follow the sun // the beatles
⋆ hold me now // thompson twins
⋆ under pressure // queen
⋆ should i stay or should i go // the clash

( songs for the chapter )⋆ i'll follow the sun // the beatles⋆ hold me now // thompson twins⋆ under pressure // queen⋆ should i stay or should i go // the clash

THE ELEVEN OF THEM FILLED the tiny house, but everyone felt so far away from each other. Joyce was alone in her bedroom, while Jonathan and Nancy stayed in the living room with Will, who was still deep asleep. Jim was on the phone, like he had been since getting to the Byers' home – and the rest of the kids were in the kitchen. Kate was laid in Jonathan's bed, with Steve at her side.

He'd dressed her wound – well, Nancy did. Steve tried to help, but only managed to panic the entire time.

The shock of everything had long passed. Now, Kate was dealing with the pain and the overwhelming guilt. She still couldn't wrap her head around the entire situation, even though she was constantly repeating it to herself.

Bob had saved her from a demogorgon. And he'd died in the process.

Survivor's guilt was something Kate had only ever read about – but suddenly she was living it; and the storm cloud that normally hung above her head was suddenly back. She suddenly realised the truth to the words she spoken to the man only a day prior; Bob Newby really was a superhero.

Kate was brought from her thoughts as her father walked into the room. He smiled sadly at the tired girl, putting a comforting hand on the crown her head. "You feel alright, Katie?"

"Yeah," she muttered quietly.

He pulled his hand away from her hair, pulling her shirt up a bit to see the damage on her side. There wasn't much to be seen though, except for the large bandage that covered the wound. "They got you pretty good, huh?"

"Tell me about it."

Jim breathed out a laugh at his daughter's monotone response. He stared down at her with an emotion Kate couldn't quite name; it was nothing short of loving, but it was terribly sad too. He bent down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, before turning and walking across the hall. To Joyce's room.