fourteen! ⋆ I'LL SEE YOU AROUND, STEVE

( songs for the chapter )⋆ whip it // devo⋆ only you // yazoo

⋆ whip it // devo
⋆ only you // yazoo

( songs for the chapter )⋆ whip it // devo⋆ only you // yazoo

KATE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR quite some time. She leaned against her car with her arms crossed, checking her watch every few minutes as she waited for the rest of her party to come. She tilted her head back with a heavy sigh, wondering if they'd all just stood her up.

She opened her eyes upon hearing the rattling of bicycle chains.

"It's about time, losers," she announced as the three boys rode up next to her. Kate locked her car as they began walking closer to the entrance, towards the bike rack.

"It's Mike's fault," Lucas chided as he locked up his bicycle.

"I couldn't find any quarters! I had to steal from Nancy," Mike shrugged. Kate laughed as he described how his sister basically chased him down the cul-de-sac after he took some change from her piggy bank.

"What's your haul?" Kate asked as the four of them waited at the doors for Will.

Dustin dug into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a couple silver coins. "Four."

"Take Dustin's puny haul," Lucas rolled his eyes. "And multiply it by five."

Three pairs of expectant eyes turn to Kate. She pulled out to small bags filled with quarters. "Takes your's, Lucas, and multiply it again."

"One hundred quarters?" Dustin's gaped. "Where the hell did you get a hundred quarters?"

Kate smirked with a coy shrug. "I've been saving up for a while, and went down to the bank to exchange all the cash for quarters."

A green Pinto pulled up in front of the group. Kate smiled as she caught eyes with the boy in the passenger seat. Will waved to his friends and the four of them respond with waves of their own. This was the first time they'd be hanging out with Will outside of his house and without his mother present.

Even from outside fo the car, Kate could practically hear the speech Joyce was giving her son: the whole "Be home by nine, and if you don't feel good, have Kate drive you home or just call me." Of course, she couldn't blame her. No one thought they'd ever see Will agajn, but now that they had him, they'd go to Hell and back to make sure it stayed that way.