thirteen! ⋆ DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

( songs for the chapter )⋆ at seventeen // janis ian

at seventeen // janis ian

LUCAS SLEPT ON ONE SHOULDER, while Dustin slept on the other

LUCAS SLEPT ON ONE SHOULDER, while Dustin slept on the other. Kate softly smiled at the two snoring boys before looking over to Mike. He'd explained to her what had happened to Eleven back at the school – that Brenner almost got her again, but helped to save the boys one last time before disappearing along with the monster. The boy was heartbroken, anyone could tell.

Steve sat ahead of her, across the room. If she thought about it hard enough, her lips would start to tingle as she remembered the feeling his lips on hers. They hadn't said a word about what had happened that night, and Kate guessed they never would again. The two met eyes and they smiled at each other briefly, before averting their gazes once again.

The door of the waiting room opened and Jonathan stuck his head in. Mike stood as he woke the other boys up. Dustin and Lucas brought their heads tiredly from Kate's shoulders, before shaking the haze fo sleep away.

"Will's up! Guys, c'mon!" he yelled and the three of them ran out of the room.

The blonde sat up a bit more in her seat as she watched them run out of the room. She grinned but stayed in her seat, not wanting to intrude on the boys' time together.

"Kate?" Jonathan called her name to get her attention.

"Hm?"

"He wants to see you too," he beamed and she stood from her seat. The two of them walked together to Will's room, seeing Lucas, Dustin, and Mike hug the boy they hadn't seen in, what felt like, forever.

"Hey, goes easy on him!" Kate teased. "Don't hurt him before I get to him."

She walked to the other side of the bed and leaned down to hug him softly. Will smiled up at the girl – and that's when it all hit her. She never thought she'd see his big, hazel eyes again, or see him smile again, or hear his high-pitched giggle that he always hated again. And as the boys began to hurriedly speak of their adventures in the time Will had been gone, Kate smiled down at the boy in the bed, feeling tears prick her eyes.