forty one! ⋆ HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

( songs for the chapter )⋆ paint it, black // the rolling stones⋆ can't fight this feeling anymore // reo speedwagon

⋆ paint it, black // the rolling stones
⋆ can't fight this feeling anymore // reo speedwagon

( songs for the chapter )⋆ paint it, black // the rolling stones⋆ can't fight this feeling anymore // reo speedwagon

"THIS IS A CODE RED," Kate spoke into the supercomm, receiving nothing but static on the other end. "I repeat, this is a code red."

She waited for a moment, to hear something – anything — but the static continued. She sighed and shut her eyes, trying to come up with a plan B. That was the only chance they had to finally get out of the mall and reach some sort fo safety; but it seemed they'd all be stuck there for much longer than they wanted.

"Kate?" Mike's voice crackled through the supercomm, taking the blonde by surprise for a moment.

"Mike! Oh, my God," she smiled widely, happy to hear his voice. "You have to listen. I know I've been MIA, and I'm sorry, but I've been trapped underground in a secret Russian base–"

"Kate, you're going way too fast. I can't understand you."

"–I know that sounds insane, but the Russians have infiltrated Hawkins! The goddamn Russians," Kate continued. "And now they're using some kind of machine to open up the gate."

"Kate, you're- you're breaking up."

"And now they're after us and we don't have a way out of here, so I need you to come and get us. Can Nancy drive?" she spoke hurriedly.

"Kate– you're– I– understand y–" Mike's voice sounded like it was drifting in and out of range.

"Mike?"

"Kate, are you there?"

"Yes. Mike? Mike, do you copy?"

"Kate?"

She pulled the walkie-talkie from her mouth, finding a small red light on the back of it – telling her the battery was low. Dustin used it nonstop when they were trapped in the elevator. She vaguely remembered Steve telling him "Stop. You're going to run the battery down."