twenty seven! ⋆ WHAT'S STOPPING YOU

(songs for the chapter )⋆ sunglasses at night // corey hart⋆ you really got me // the kinks

⋆ sunglasses at night // corey hart
⋆ you really got me // the kinks

MAX MAYFIELD WAS A SHIT DRIVER, but Kate wasn't expecting much more from a thirteen year old who'd never actually driven before

MAX MAYFIELD WAS A SHIT DRIVER, but Kate wasn't expecting much more from a thirteen year old who'd never actually driven before. Of course, she'd wanted to be the one to operate the vehicle – the redhead, though, was adamant about driving, and said Kate needed to stay in the backseat with Steve.

And that's what she did.

His head was placed in her lap, as the rest of his body was splayed on top of Dustin and Mike. She was holding an ice pack over his swollen eye, trying to keep herself calm as Max swerved along the vacant dirt road.

Steve's eyes began to open slowly. He groaned, bringing a hand to his face, attempting to caress the spots that hurt – which happened to be everywhere.

"Don't touch it," Kate cooed softly, pulling his hand away. He moaned again and and stared up at the girl. She smiled down at him. "Your okay... Billy beat the shit out of you, but you put up a good fight."

His eyes wandered away from her and to the front seat, where he saw Max sitting in the driver's seat. It wasn't until then he realised he was in a car, with a thirteen year old in the front seat. Then he began to freak out.

"Oh, my God."

"It's okay, Steve. She's driven before," she tried to comfort, though she was slightly terrified herself.

"Yeah, in a parking lot," Mike interjected.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Steve blurted as Max slammed on the gas. "What's going on? Oh, my God. Stop the car. Slow down."

"I told you he'd freak out!"

"Stop the car–"

"Shut up!" Max yelled, over everyone. "I'm trying to focus."

Steve groaned as he began to breathe rapidly in panic. He laid his head back into Kate's lap and closed his eyes, thinking if he was going to go die like this, he might as well get comfortable.