thirty eight! ⋆ WHEREVER YOU GO, I GO

( songs for the chapter )⋆ mr

⋆ mr. blue sky // electric light orchestra
⋆ smooth criminal // michael jackson
⋆ carry that weight // the beatles

 blue sky // electric light orchestra⋆ smooth criminal // michael jackson⋆ carry that weight // the beatles

KATE WOKE UP TO, WHAT sounded like, water splattering against the wall a few feet away from her. She groaned lightly and lifted her head from Robin's shoulder, which woke her up too.

She wiped the sleep from her eyes and realised that it wasn't water, it was Steve, who apparently couldn't hold in his pee any longer. Kate shouted tiredly, "Can you redirect your stream, please?"

He didn't answer; instead, he turned ever so lightly. The blonde rolled her eyes and stood up, reaching out her hand for Robin, to help her stand too. The brunette went to the panel at the front of the elevator, trying to see if the buttons were suddenly working. But of course, they were not.

Meanwhile, Erica pulled out the green glass vial from her bag and began to bang it against a metal table. Kate was quick to stop her.

"Hey, hey! Be careful with that!" she yelled as she took the unknown material away from the young girl. "We don't even know what this is."

"Exactly. It could be useful."

"Useful how?" Robin asked, as she walked over to the two girls.

"We can survive down here a long time without food," Erica explained. "But if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"I hate to break it to you, but this is not water."

"No, but it's a liquid. And if it comes down to me drinking that shit, or dying of thirst, I drink," she sarcastically smiled before snatching the cylindrical container from Kate's hands.

The blonde shook her head and walked toward the wide metal door, hearing the distant sound of some sort of mechanical whirring. Her first thought was hopeful – that it was the elevator starting to work again. But as the sound grew closer and closer, she knew that wasn't it at all.

She quickly ascended the ladder, just enough to pop her head through. Steve and Dustin turned to look at her as she said, "We've got company."

Robin and Erica quickly climbed up to join the three, just barely managing to bring up the ladder and shut the door before two men walked in.