twenty four! ⋆ GETTING BACKUP

( songs for the chapter ) ⋆ africa // toto⋆ for a friend // the communards

⋆ africa // toto
⋆ for a friend // the communards

( songs for the chapter ) ⋆ africa // toto⋆ for a friend // the communards

THANKFULLY, THE JUNK YARD WAS just a stone's throw away from Hawkins Lab. The five of them arrived at the entrance of the building, only to find that all the guards were gone. Even from outside, Kate could see the anxious shuffling of the workers through the windows.

The kids began to inch past the gate, but Steve was quick to stop them. "What do you think you're doing?

She turned to the kids too. "Yeah, you guys need to stay out here."

"Why?" Dustin asked as her and Steve made their way inside.

"Because I said so," the two eighteen-year-olds replied at the same time.

They walked through the glass doors and passed all the doctors, who apparently couldn't have cared less about the two teenagers that had entered the facility. They took the stairs, despite Steve's protests.

"What did you see?" He asked through heavy breaths as they walked up the next flight of stairs.

Kate was momentarily confused at his question, before she realised he was talking about the 'episode' she'd had several minutes prior.

"Not a lot," she shrugged, not knowing how to answer the question. "I just saw Will, and my Dad, and–"

"How did you do it?"

"I don't know," Kate replied truthfully as the two of them finally reached the right floor. They ran to Will's room, and upon entering, were met with three pairs of confused eyes.

"Where've you been?" Joyce asked the girl.

"Getting backup," Kate joked with an awkward smile, pointing beside her to Steve; he waved with his free hand, while the other was clutching his bat.

"What happened?" Mike asked, noticing the two's rather frazzled appearance.

Steve put a hand on his hip as he started to explain. "Dustin told me he couldn't find his friends and that he needed help, because 'Dart grew again' – whoever the hell that is. So we lured him to the junkyard, but it turns out, Dart has a bunch of friends. So, uh, yeah, we almost died. But we're here now, so–"