forty three! ⋆ I CAN FIGHT

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet child o' mine // guns n' roses⋆ a groovy kind of love // phil collins

⋆ sweet child o' mine // guns n' roses
⋆ a groovy kind of love // phil collins

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet child o' mine // guns n' roses⋆ a groovy kind of love // phil collins

THEY ALL GATHERED AROUND THE fountain of Starcourt Mall; all sixteen of them. Most everyone stood next to each other — some trying to formulate a plan while others were briefed on the different situations. But Jim, El, Kate, and Alexei all sat next to each other on a wide bench ahead of the group.

She'd only met the Russian man beside her a few minutes ago — Jim and Joyce told her that he was one of the most dangerous men in the world. But seeing him with a wide goofy grin, a slushie in one hand and a stuffed animal in the other, Kate wasn't quite sure she believed them.

The blonde quietly groaned as she rested her elbows on her knees, putting her head in her hands. She was nursing the worst migraine she'd ever had, and all the talking around her wasn't helping.

Alexei, the most dangerous man in the world, looked down at her with concern.

"You want some?" he asked her in his native language, nudging his half-empty, red slushy towards her.

Kate peeked an eye open and looked over to the side. She shook her head. "Net, u menya prosto bolit golova."

No, I just have a migraine.

He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he nodded. He thought for a second, before handing her his Woody the Woodpecker plushy.

Kate looked at him with a deadpanned expression for a moment, before taking the plush toy from him anyway.

Jim observed the action with furrowed his brows, looking down at his daughter in confusion. "When the hell did you learn Russian?"

Before she could answer, Murray suddenly appeared from the opposite side of the building, wildly waving the various pieces of paper in his hands.

"I taught her," he yelled as he walked closer to the group. "Guess I'm not a huge dumbass after all, huh?"

The father shook his head. "No. You're still huge dumbass."