Chapter 30*Fake it till you make it*

Sofia's POV.

"Doctor will she be fine?" I asked the doctor who came out of the room Annette was in. "Please you have to tell me she's fine."

"I tested the cup your brought and I tested the girl but we still waiting for the results." The doctor replied calmly. "You pregnant ma'am so please get some rest. It will take time because right now I don't know how to treat her when I don't know what she has."

"Can't you just operate her or something? She's just five, she can't die." I begged crying but he shook his head.

"The results will be back just now so please be patient." He left and Nicholas came back.

"Sofia, she will be fine. I'm sure she will wake up soon." Nicholas assured me. "Now go home, I'll stay at her door and make sure to tell you if anything happens."

"Why do you want to help me after what I did to you?" I asked wiping my tears.

"I was angry Sofia, I shouldn't have said all those stuff to you. You my friend and I just have a short temper. I'm sorry." Nicholas answered smiling. "Now please go take a nap, I'll call you."

"I'm not leaving Annette's side. I want her to see me when she wakes up." I mumbled smiling at him. "Now please take Elijah and Emily home while I wait for Annette."

"I don't think Elijah will listen to m--."

"Ma'am, I called the police. They will be here shortly." The doctor said interrupting us and Nicholas and I looked at each other confused. "You were right, there was poison in the cup even though we didn't find anything in her blood. But we can't take chances, it might be still spreading."

"There's no need for police. I'm her mother and I need to see my daughter." Anna shouted standing behind the doctor. "I was already in Paris when you send me a message Sofia, I just didn't want to tell you I was here and by the way Marko is on his way now."

"Annette, she--she dra--nk poison juice." I stuttered.

"Calm down Sofia. I'm sure Annette will be fine. She's a fighter." Anna said faking a smile. "Now doctor can I see my daughter."

"We still have to check---." Anna walked passed the doctor without letting him finish what he wanted to say. She went straight to Annette's room and I prayed that she would be alright.

Third person's POV.

"Hey Anne, is your mom honey. Please wake up." Anna said shaking Annette. "Please honey, I want to see you open your eyes. I know you can never leave your mother alone. Your father already left us so please open your eyes for me honey." Anna started crying and Annette opened her eyes slowly.

"Mommy is it only you." She whispered.

"Yes, why." Anna asked as Annette got up to hug her mother. "I missed you so much."

"Mommy, I didn't drink it." Annette said acting sad. "I didn't like the juice and---."

"I know." Anna said interrupting her. "You faked it Annette. I know you better than anyone and I know Elijah made this plan with you. What else is new to me now because this is the second time you did it. Annette, Sofia is pregnant and you gave her a shock honey."

"Shush." Annette quickly put her finger in front of her mother. "Mommy that other women put something in the juice. I promise mommy. I didn't do it like last time." Annette said crying. "Mommy I'm not lying, please forgive."