Speed Up Metabolism

Metabolism is the rate your body performs chemical processes. A faster metabolism means your body needs more calories simply at rest and therefore, you burn off the food you eat quicker.

• One way to increase your metabolism is to eat more! If you're already eating a good amount, you shouldn't overeat, but if you're under-eating, be sure to add in more healthy foods. Try nuts, fruits and vegetables, and other healthy, nutrient rich snacks. The more your body is used to eating, the more it gets used to using/burning, and the more you can eat without gaining weight.

• The best way to increase your metabolism is with strength workouts. Maintaining and building muscles takes a lot if energy (calories). The more toned you are, the more you will burn while at rest. The largest muscle in your body, and therefore most effective at calorie burning, is your butt! So don't be afraid of squats, leg exercises and any strengthening workouts. In the longrun they can increase your metabolism greatly!

• Some more quick tips:
- never skip breakfast
- drink ice cold water
- eat spicy food
- get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
- eat foods high in omega 3 fatty acids
- drink green tea
- eat lots of protein

• • •
A/N: Haven't update this book since summer and now it's almost 2020. It's unbelievable how fast time flies by.

Q: What are some of your goals for 2020?
A: I want to focus more on myself and my mental health.