Rescued: Part 1 [Crowley X Reader]

"There's a snake!" a child screamed. His sticky finger pointed at the slithering serpent. A group of his siblings and some other nearby people crowded around the snake. It hugged the building as it struggled to get past the gaggling group of hairless apes.

"Leave it alone!" you said. You started walking towards the group and tried to usher them away from the wild animal. "You're going to stress the poor thing out."

"Is it poisonous?" one of the older kids asked you – not knowing whether or not you were an expert in herpetology.

"No, it's not venomous." You emphasized the venom part. Snakes aren't poisonous, they're venomous. Well, sometimes. In this case, the snake was neither poisonous or venomous...probably.

"Then, why do we have to leave it alone?"

"Because you'll stress it out!" you cried, growing more and more frustrated as the kids continued to ignore you. True, you didn't know some of the kids, but they should still listen to you. You were the adult here.

Meanwhile, the snake was starting to slither its way to an even more crowded part of the park. It would become dangerous if it found itself amongst a crowd of people. It could get stepped on by the unsuspecting adult. Or maybe it would get run over by a bike. Maybe, it would end up biting a child and have its fangs broken from getting yanked away.

You moved in front of the snake to try and keep it away from the crowd. It turned away and started to move towards the children. You sighed, knowing this wasn't going to end well either way. Moving towards the snake, you grabbed the tail of the scaled animal. It turned towards you and bared its fangs. A hiss, far more sinister than that of a cat, sliced through the air. The kids all grew deathly silent as they watched you.

"It's okay," you cooed. "It'll be okay. Let's get you somewhere safe, okay?"

The snake grew quiet, but it still held its body rigid – ready to strike at any moment. You used both hands to hold the snake. Its body was slightly warm and the smooth, charcoal and ruby scales caressed your skin. You had to remind yourself to keep moving the snake closer to the nearby bush and not become distracted by its beauty.

"There, there," you whispered and knelt to the ground. You gently placed the snake in the tall blades of wild grass. It started to slowly slither away before stopping. You raised an eyebrow as it turned to look at you. Its strikingly bright, yellow eyes met your own eyes. It seemed to try to say something to you, but you weren't sure what. "Stay safe," you said, hoping that it would understand you instead.