Lesson: Part 2 [Hastur X Reader]

Computers were everywhere. They were in the form of PCs, Apples, phones, tablets, gaming consoles, Hell, even the refrigerators were smart. It was truly a techie's eutopia. It was also a place that you thought you could get a kick out of bringing Hastur there to truly blow his mind.

The moment you walked in his eyes scanned the huge expansive wall of televisions that reflected your image. He was bug-eyed. "How is it doing that?"

You pointed to the camera aimed at the pair of you. "Security camera right there. It's streaming live to the televisions. It's there to make sure we don't steal anything. Or for us to make faces at." You stuck your tongue out and crossed your eyes at the camera. "I have a little too much fun with them."

"Why?"

"I don't know, 'cause I'm a dumb hairless ape," you said with a shrug. "Come on, let's go say hi to Google."

You grabbed his arm and dragged him over towards the smart devices. A Google Home was set up and listening, always listening. Honestly, you were sure that Google Home would have a better gauge on who was going to Heaven and who was going to Hell just based off of the stuff she heard. You always tried to be polite to her. Just for whenever she took over the world.

"Just say Hey Google and ask her a question," you whispered to Hastor so you wouldn't trigger her listening.

"Why would I ask her a question?"

"I don't know, 'cause it's fun? Geeze, man. Just learn to live a bit."

Hastur looked at the cylindrical column with an expressionless face. "Hey Google, when will the world end?"

"Scientists haven't reached a consensus on that one yet, so I can't say. But I have a feeling we still have plenty of time to watch cat videos on YouTube," she replied instantly.

"What's a YouTube?" Hastur looked at you.

"Oh man, do I have something to show you." You grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's see if the laptops are connected."

When you got there, you immediately pulled up the Internet browser on one of the laptops. Fortunately, it was already connected to the internet. You quickly typed in Youtube. In the search bar, you followed Google's suggestion and looked up cat videos.

"It has a bunch of different videos that people post. You get music videos, animal stuff, tutorials, funny shit, video games, and whatnot."

Hastur watched with mild interest as a cat looked from where it was standing to a countertop that was far too high for it to possibly reach. Still, with great determination, the cat leapt and smacked its head on the counter. Hastor blinked twice. Then, he erupted into a fit of laughter. You turned to him in shock, never have actually heard him laugh. It was rare for him to even smile. Your face broke out in a wide grin. It was nice seeing the usually stressed out demon in a good mood.