Wish Upon a Star: Part 2 [Aziraphale X Reader]

Artwork is my own.

--

Money had started to pour into the nonprofit after the gala. The treasurer called you early the next morning. It sounded like they were crying. After she told you what was going on, you nearly started crying as well. It meant that the nonprofit could make a bigger impact and help more people. Everything was going to be alright.

After you got off the phone, you pulled out your laptop and checked your e-mail. You were in a dire state of needing an actual paid job. While it was great volunteering for the non-profit, volunteering didn't pay the bills. A shudder ran through your spine at the thought have how little money you currently possessed. Then, you felt your heart drop. There wasn't a single response to the dozens of jobs you sent your resume to.

"Everything will be alright," you repeated to yourself quietly. "It'll be okay," you felt your voice shake as you tried to not cry. "Just get ready and you'll get a reply soon."

That's exactly what you did. You peeled off your pajamas and hopped into the shower. You were too tired from last night to shower then, and you were sure you were a sweaty mess after all of the dancing you were forced into.

The water was cold and pelted your skin harshly. You would have turned up the temperature, but you had to save money. Instead, you quickly scrubbed your hair and skin before jumping out. Your hands groped around for the fluffy towel before you started to pat yourself dry. Just as you were about to put on your clothes, your phone started to vibrate against the bathroom counter.

It was a number you hadn't seen before. For a split second, you were going to ignore it. It could have just been spam. But then you remembered the gentleman who you gave your number to. You felt your heart skip a beat and your body warm at the thought of him calling you. Quickly, you swiped to answer.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is [Y/N] there? This is Aziraphale calling."

"Hi, Aziraphale," you said just barely containing your excitement. "This is [Y/N]. How are you?"

"Doing just well!" By the sound of his chipper voice, you could tell he was smiling. "And how are you, my dear?"

"I'm alright."

"Just alright?"

"Yeah," you sighed and rested your phone against your shoulder as you started to pull on some clothes. "Looking for a job right now, so it's a bit stressful."

"Well, if it's a job you're looking for, why don't you come and work for me?"

The pant leg got caught on your feet. You fell forward. The phone clattered a distance away from you on the bathroom tile. Groaning, you grabbed the phone and held it against your ear.

"—you alright?!" Aziraphale was nearly shouting into the phone.

"Yeah, just tripped. I'm fine."

"Goodness, did you get hurt?"

"No, no, I'm good." You shook your head. "Did you just offer me a job?"

"Well, yes. I was just going to put out an ad to hire, but why not just hire you? That'd make it so much easier!"

"You're an angel, Aziraphale," you laughed. It was either that or cry. "Really. Thank you so much."

Aziraphale chuckled, "It's my pleasure, dear."

Yes, everything was going to be okay.

There was a heatwave going through England and the rest of Europe. You found that customers were starting to try and seek the fans blowing in the bookshop. Your stress levels increased significantly, especially when they started to ask about the books. If they sold, Aziraphale would get upset. You couldn't allow yourself to be the reason for him being upset.