Song of the Woods: Part 2 [Crowley X Reader]

Whenever you went to the woods, you'd search for your demonic friend. There were times where he was in his snake form and others he was in his human form. But he was always there waiting for you to show up during the evening.

"Crowley!" you sang out and climbed over a variety of logs, careful to not damage the bag you were carrying. You stopped at the tree that you had first met him and looked around, trying to see if you could spot him. "Crowley?"

The birds were still singing and the wind whispered through the branches. Crowley wasn't there. You frowned, wondering where the demon may have gone. Putting the bag on the ground, you slumped down and leaned against the tree.

"He's always here," you sighed to yourself. You leaned your head against the bark of the tree and watched some of the birds fly from branch to branch. Some flew down and landed on your leg. You lifted your hand up towards them, but they flew off instantly. Sighing, you closed your eyes. Before you knew, you had drifted off.

You had fallen to your side. You woke with a start and looked around frantically. You were in the woods. Sighing, you shifted so you were sitting back up. It was dark, the only light that came through were the stars and the moon.

Your eyes trailed to the bag that still laid on the ground. Inside the bag were a bottle of wine, a bouquet of violet lilacs, and a card you had written out for Crowley. Of course, the one day you worked up the nerve he wasn't there.

But something was off. You looked around, trying to figure out what was wrong. That's when you realized it, the woods were silent.

"Crowley?" you called out. "Are you there?"

"You're still here," he breathed out in relief. Your head shot over and saw him stumbled over some logs in his human form. Though, something was off with the way he was walking. It seemed more somber than usual. Usually, he walked with such uncaring confidence, but this was fearful. His steps were heavier.

"What's wrong?" You immediately stood up and quickly walked up to him. Your hands held his arms as you examined his body. He was shaking and his breathing was ragged. "Crowley, what happened?"

"It's here," he murmured. He leaned forward and rested his head on your shoulder. "It's here."

"What's here?" you asked. Your arms lifted and held him to you. His shaking only increased. "Crowley, what's going on?"

"Armageddon," Crowley muttered. "The antichrist was born. I just delivered him to his family. That's why I'm late."

You ran your hand through Crowley's hair while thinking to yourself. The crickets had started to chirp again. The owls spoke amongst each other while you listened to them. The animals didn't sense any danger once they got used to Crowley, but you weren't sure if they could detect the end of the world.

"It'll all be alright," you soothed the still shaking demon. Your eyes glanced over to where the bag was resting. It could help. It had alcohol for him if anything. "Come on, I got something for you." You grabbed his hands and led them over to the tree.

You knelt down and somewhat blindly gripped around the bag. You pulled out the bottle of wine and held it out to the demon. "The store owner said that this was one of his favorites. It's not chilled anymore, but that's easy enough to fix." Crowley sat next to you and took the bottle. A small smile formed on his face, though it was more melancholy than anything. "I also got you some lilacs," you said softly and gently took them out of the bag.

Crowley's eyebrows raised as he took the flowers. A light heat rose to his cheeks. Not only was it rare for him to ever get flowers, maybe once on his time on Earth, but lilacs had a special meaning. He wasn't sure if you intended it to mean the first emotions of love, but he hoped it did.

"What's this for?" he asked.

You swallowed down your fear. What Crowley had just been through must have been more terrifying. Taking a deep breath, you grabbed the card. You silently handed it to him. It seemed at that moment, all of the animals in the woods sensed your anxiety and grew quiet.

Crowley took the card and opened it. You swore inside your head as he began reading it in the dark of night. You shrunk inside yourself and busied yourself by creating shapes in the dirt. You inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm your racing heart. You didn't want to look at him in case he rejected you. Now that you thought about it, maybe this wasn't the thing he needed on top of the stress of the end of the world.

"Crowley, I'm sorr—" you were cut off when you were pulled to his chest.

"I love you," he breathed out into your hair. "I won't let the world end. I won't let you die. I swear."

You wrapped your arms around him and smiled. "I trust you." The woods started to sing once more.