Kicked an Angel: Final Part [Gabriel X Reader]

"So if you're an angel, do you have wings?" You inquired and took a sip of tea.

Gabriel glanced up from the mug he was holding in his hands. He decided he'd try non-caffeinated tea as it wasn't a drug. But he decided that he did like how warm it felt in his hands, especially on a cold winter day. "Yes."

"What are they like?" The clink of glass hitting wood sounded when you put your mug of tea to the side.

Gabriel hesitated for a moment. "Every angel has different wings."

"And what are yours like?"

"You really know how to push my buttons, don't you?" Gabriel asked with a fake glare. You only smiled coyly back at him. "I have butterfly wings."

"Really? That's amazing," you said with awe. "Can I see them?"

"You're not going to make fun of me?"

"No," you frowned. "Why would I?"

"They're not exactly the wings you'd see from an archangel."

"I mean, I've never seen an angel's wings before, so I have nothing to base it on."

Gabriel sighed at your blunt nature and stood from where he was sitting. He wanted to whine at leaving the warmth of the chair but ignored that part of him. When there was enough space, two wings appeared. There was a bit of glitter surrounding them. It was almost as if he were a fairy and not an angel. They had intricate patterns on it. Silver embedded itself in violet and faded to black.

"They're beautiful, Gabriel." You watched in awe as they flapped a couple of times. "Thank you for showing me." Gabriel nodded and retracted them back to wherever they were before. "So, what's something that you like? Something that makes you happy?"

"Being warm," Gabriel said without any hesitation. It was raining outside, so it was rather chilly. Even in your house, it was a bit cold.

Nodding your head, you stood up and took Gabriel's arm before dragging him to your couch. "Sit here, I'll be right back!" Gabriel waited patiently for you to arrive. There was no heat on the couch, so he pulled his jacket around him a bit tighter. When you arrived, he gave a small smile at seeing the mountain of blankets in your arms. "Here!" You threw all of the blankets on him, not caring if he was crushed.

"Was that," he grunted and moved some off of him. "Really necessary?"

"No."

With a huff, you sat next to him and pulled some of the blankets over on to you and made sure there were some covering both of you. Quickly, you scoot yourself closer to him to share your body heat.

"How's this?" you asked and looked up at him.

"I like this."

"Good."

"It is good," Gabriel said with a softness you've never heard from him before. "A lot of what you've shown me is good." He paused and shuffled a bit closer to you. "I went back to Aziraphale's bookshop to try apologizing again."

"How did that go?"

"Better. Aziraphale listened to me. I realized how much of a horrible angel I've been to him. I was abusive, toxic."

"Yeah, you were."

Gabriel flinched ever so slightly at your words. "After he listened to me, he forgave me. He was always so forgiving." Then he sighed, "The demon, Crowley, wasn't as forgiving. I don't think he ever will."

"He loves Aziraphale," you chuckled lightly. "I think those two love each other, actually."

"Yeah," he groaned. "I still can't believe an angel and demon would love each other."

"It's a good thing."

Gabriel nodded his head. "I guess." He rubbed the space between his eyes. "I did realize something while I was there, though."

"Oh?"

"I realized that love can be the greatest good."

"It can be."

"And I realized that I love the greatest good in my life."

"And what's that?"

Gabriel moved an arm around your shoulders and pulled him towards him. He leaned his head down to rest on top of yours. "You."