Wish Upon a Star [Aziraphale X Reader]

The gala was fully underway. Music was flourishing, champagne was being poured, and hors d'oeuvres were being served. To the average person, it was a simply fantastic event that only the rich and fabulous could attend. Though, you being you, you had your connections and were there as a guest of honor. Well, one of the guests of honor. You weren't rich. And, in your own opinion, you weren't that fabulous either. That didn't stop nearly every man there from asking you to dance with them.

You would twirl and twirl and twirl. It was getting to the point where you were feeling sick. Though, you weren't entirely sure if it was from the spinning or from the lack of food. While the food was plentiful, you felt it was your duty to make everyone there happy. Otherwise, you felt as though those that invited you were being dishonored.

There was a lull in the music as some of the live performers took a small break to use the restroom, rehydrate, and give their bodies a break. You glanced around, making sure no one was making a beeline for you. The coast was clear. Quickly, you made your way towards the buffet table hosting a variety of the hors d'oeuvres.

"[Y/N]!" a voice chimed and a man stepped in your way. He didn't look at all familiar, but the smile and the way he said your name made you think you've met him in one lifetime. "It's so great to see you, I'm so glad you could make it!"

"It's so great to see you, too! How have you been?" you brownnosed and inwardly cringed as he gave you a hug.

"Just fine! I actually just got back from a trip from Africa. You'll have to come over to my place again and the wife and I can show you some pictures. You'll love them. We have so many interesting stories."

You've been to his house before, you mentally noted. Still, you hadn't any idea who the bastard was. That's what you get for fundraising, being in deep with political crowds, and not having the ability to say no.

"That sounds lovely, just message me later, alright?" you smiled politely. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I am simply famished."

"Right, of course!"

As you walked away, you shuddered. Then, your eyes were set on the table. Your hands graced a small plate and you used a variety of tongs to fill it. There was fruit, cheese, crackers, and something that looked fancy but you weren't sure what it was so you put it on your plate anyway. Just as you were about to take a bite, the music started playing once more.

"May I have this dance?" You looked over with your mouth open and the food making way into your mouth. There was a guy close to your age staring at you. You darted your eyes between the plate and the man. He started to tap his foot impatiently. "Well?"

"I-I'm sort of eating?" you said as though it was a question.

"You can eat later."

It took everything in you to not curse the man out right then and there. He reached for the plate as if he was going to take it out of your hands. You tumbled backward in shock and bumped into a solid figure.

"I-I'm so sorry!" you stammered and turned to look at who you ran into.

There was another man with kind blue eyes, curly blond hair, and a gentle round face. He simply smiled at you and then glanced at the man who was attempting to steal your food. "No worries, my dear," he said. "I was actually coming this way to see if you needed assistance!"

"Assistance?" you questioned. Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Yes," he mused. "It seems as though you were simply trying to feed yourself when this buffoon decided he was far more important than you and didn't at all consider your feelings."