Cure [Aziraphale X Crowley]

When the staff at the hospital saw him come in, they'd give knowing smiles and allow him to wander where he pleased. They didn't ask questions, they didn't even care to know his name, not after the first few times he came in.

It wasn't often that he got to go to the hospital, but it was something he always took pride in. He'd go to different rooms. Each patient had a different name, a different personality, but each was sick. They were connected to wires upon wires. Some were missing their hair, others still kept it despite it itching. But these kids had stuffed animals with them. Stuffed animals that they clung onto for dear life. They were fighting for their lives. It was something that no human should ever have to go through, especially so young. So he took it upon himself to cure them.

"Just think of something that makes you so very happy! Think of your favorite memory!" Aziraphale would say softly with a smile. The child would close their eyes and his hand would glow over their bodies. Within the next couple of days, all traces of cancer would disappear.

It would go on his report of miracles that he had performed. They'd go straight to Gabriel.

Then, Gabriel sent a strongly worded note.

Aziraphale,

The number of frivolous miracles you have been performing needs to cease. It is not our place to cure disease. They are to go to Heaven or Hell and grow our numbers. To do so is against God and God's will. If you do not cease these actions, we will have no choice but to demote you.

Gabriel

Aziraphale stared at the note in his hands. His hands trembled and he felt tears fall from his eyes and made the ink run. He looked around for something to vent his frustrations out on. These children were suffering! Their parents were suffering. Now, he was to stop helping them.

The door to Aziraphale's bookshop opened. He went to go yell at the customer to go away but stopped at the familiar sight. Crowley sauntered in with a box in his hands. Aziraphale turned and dabbed his eyes so the demon wouldn't make fun of him for crying.

"Angel, I got you some chocolates," Crowley called and walked over. "Angel?" Crowley frowned seeing that the angel wasn't acknowledging him. He kept on just rubbing his eyes. "Aziraphale, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Aziraphale said with his voice breaking. "Everything is just...So...Wrong!" He cried out and turned to face Crowley.

Crowley froze when he saw that Aziraphale's eyes had turned red. He quickly put the box of chocolates down and walked up to the Aziraphale and examined him. Looking for an injury. He removed his sunglasses and bent over to look Aziraphale in the eyes.

"What happened? Who hurt you?" Crowley growled.

It was the most vicious tone Aziraphale had ever heard Crowley use. The angel gulped when he saw Crowley's usual golden eyes turn a deep crimson. Aziraphale tried to speak, but he found his words trapped in his throat. Instead, he handed the note that Gabriel sent him to Crowley.

Crowley snatched it out of his hands and quickly scanned over the note. "Cure disease?" Crowley asked before realizing he knew of Aziraphale's secret hobby of curing children. "Gabriel's a fucking putz," Crowley hissed. He looked over at Aziraphale's who face was still crestfallen. "Don't cry, Angel. I'll take care of this. Heaven doesn't need to know what miracles I perform."

"But if Hell finds out—" Aziraphale started but was cut off.

"Hell won't find out," Crowley said with so much sureness Aziraphale couldn't argue. "Heaven won't either. This goes beyond the arrangement, Angel. I got you some chocolates, eat them. I'll be at the hospital."

Crowley left before Aziraphale could say anything. Instead, Aziraphale slowly made his way over to the box of chocolates. He let out something between a cry and a laugh. They were chocolates similar to the ones Crowley had gotten him when the bookshop had first open.

"Thank you, Crowley," Aziraphale whispered. "For everything."