Time [Nanny Ashtoreth/Crowley X Reader]

Time. It was something you were great at managing because it was one of your top triggers for anxiety. If someone needed to figure out just how much time you needed to get from point A to point B, they'd come to you. In return, you'd give the estimated time it'd take, how much time it'd take if there was an accident or any other number of scenarios that could pop up. That's why you were the official manager of the Dowling family. You managed all of their schedules and ensured that everything ran smoothly as they had to go from one location to the next.

Though, one thing you weren't expecting was how chaotic a new baby would be. It threw everything off in your schedule. The baby was simply unpredictable. It didn't help that neither of the parents were all too invested in ensuring that they were efficient in caring for young Warlock. No, they saw it fit to dilly-dally around. At least, that was the case for Mister Dowling. He made no real effort in taking care of his son. It wasn't long before you had persuaded the family in hiring a nanny to better care for the child in a more efficient manner.

Almost all of the candidates were either late or exactly on time. If they weren't at least ten minutes early, they received a negative score on your part. You couldn't rely on someone that was only on time. After all, if you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. And if you're late, you're forgotten.

Though, there was one candidate for the nanny position that showed up twenty-three minutes and forty seconds early. You were amazed at how efficiently she managed to pull out her resume, references, and letters of recommendation. It appeared she had them all ready in her hands as if she was expecting to hand them off at the beginning of the interview. She even had multiple copies prepared. This excited you.

It took you exactly two minutes and thirty-four seconds to make it from the entrance of the Dowling's estate to where the interviews were being conducted in the upstairs study. Mister and Missus Dowling were already there with young Warlock. Once you entered, you stepped to the side of the room to allow the candidate to enter.

"This is Ms. Ashtoreth," you introduced the candidate. She walked over and firmly shook hands with the two Americans. You sat in the corner of the room for the duration of the interview while keeping a firm eye on the clock. Each interview was allotted fifteen minutes. Not a second more. For the candidates that were late, their interview times were shortened. If they were more than fifteen minutes late, they were simply turned away with the door slamming in their face.

You listened in on Ms. Ashtoreth's answers to the questions that the Dowling had prepared. She was certified in CPR and first-aid, a plus in your books. One couldn't be too prepared when dealing with a child. She had years of experience working with children. She also made an excellent private tutor according to her letters of recommendation. Honestly, she seemed like the perfect candidate for the nanny position. A tad odd, yes. But you could look over eccentricities.

You took a moment to stand to notify the Dowling family that they needed to wrap up the interview. They had exactly one minute and forty-five seconds left. Both of them looked at one another before grinning widely.

"I believe that we would like to offer you the position of the nanny, Ms. Ashtoreth," Mister Dowling announced.

Ms. Ashtoreth didn't look all too surprised, especially with the knowing smile she gave them. "That is wonderful news. I will make sure to provide the utmost care for young Warlock."

"I will cancel the pending interviews," you spoke towards the married couple. Then, you turned your attention towards Nanny Ashtoreth. "I look forward to working with you. Please excuse me."

Now it was time for the gardener interviews with the lead housekeepers.

--

It was amazing how prompt Nanny Ashtoreth was. She was always on time and made sure that young Warlock was taken care of. Even when something unexpected happened, she made it work far better than anyone else you've ever worked with. It had gotten to the point where you were seriously considering not having extra time put into the schedules you created because of her. Still, your anxiety screamed at you to keep those extra bits of time in there, just in case.