Rescued: Part 2 [Crowley X Reader]

You had just wanted to go on a walk. There was an event in Pokemon Go and you wanted to get those steps in. It should have been easy. Just a few kilometers and you were there. You didn't expect to break down crying in public.

You were on your phone, looking for some Pokemon to pop up on the screen. Then, out of the corner of your eye, a black SUV turned the corner to the nearby parking lot. It did a U-turn and stopped right next to you. Your shoulders tensed. There were at least four men in the vehicle and there was just one you. Taking a deep breath to try and calm your nerves, you continued walking and ignored the men. Maybe they just made a wrong turn?

They started whistling. Your blood chilled. They didn't make a wrong turn. You ignored them, hoping that they were just being stupid. Just in case, you hugged the part of the sidewalk furthest from the road.

"Suck my dick!"

"I'm going to destroy your pussy!"

One even started yelling racial slurs at you.

Your knees started shaking. Each step was becoming more and more difficult. Air started to become trapped in the deepest chambers of your lungs. Dizziness started to strangle your brain. If they got out you would have to fight. But you didn't have a weapon on you – just your phone. You felt the familiar sensation of stinging as tears started to build up.

"Hey! Leave them alone you pieces of shit!"

You coiled back and turned around rapidly – bearing your dull fangs and ready to strike. The voice was much closer than the vehicle had been. A man was in front of you and was keeping you away from the other four men in the vehicle.

"I said leave them alone. Or do I need to actually do something to you?" The man's hiss was far more sinister than that of a cat. The men in the vehicle grew deadly silent. The SUV's engine roared to life, the tires screeched, and a cloud of dust was left in the vehicles wake.

You snapped. Whether it was the stress of the entire ordeal, that you just couldn't feel safe walking alone to play Pokemon Go, or relief of the ordeal being done with, you weren't sure. Either way, you fell to your knees. Sobs quaked through your body. Tears fell down to the cement path below.

"Shh, it's okay," the man cooed. "It'll be okay." You felt a hand gently touch your shoulder. You looked up to have your eyes meet a pair of sunglasses. "Let's get you somewhere safe, okay?"

You nodded your head. You didn't feel as though you were in danger with him and allowed him to take you to a café. Even when you got there, you were still hiccupping from crying. A barista brought over a hot cup of tea and watched you with pity.

"There, there," the man spoke while you took a small sip of your tea. The pair of you sat in silence while you managed to calm yourself down. He waited patiently for you to finish your tea. Once you did, the pair of you silently stood up and walked outside of the café to go separate ways.

You paused in your steps and gently grabbed his arm. You looked up at him and held his gaze. You knew he was making eye contact with you, despite not being able to see his actual eyes.

"Thank you," you said, trying to pour all of your appreciation out into those two simple words.

The man nodded towards you with a very, very, small smile. "Stay safe."