Part 1

Collapsing down Minova felt a cloth being moved across her face. Busara held the child gently as it began to cry. Looking over the infant's body she recognised the mark of its meta. She closed her eyes and held up the child as she silently sung the necessary hymn.

There was a frenzied murmur spreading across the room. Some of the midwives that Eon had brought with him had stumbled away in fear. His head adviser, June Kim, stood next to the king and knew that what had just been born would need to be taken care of with immediate effect.

"Eon," he whispered into the king's ear, "Please, we must end this."

But Eon shook his head slowly as he saw Minova sit up. His heart was beating out of his chest. Looking around he saw that some of his men appeared to be in a state of nausea. It was difficult not to be considering....Eon gulped.

"Let me hold her," smiled Minova. Her kin were standing on the opposite side of the room. June watched as many of them began to chat cheerfully. June wanted to spit in disgust. That thing was nothing to celebrate, he thought.

"Hear we go," said Busara softly as she handed the child over. Minova took hold of it and began to rock. Looking down she finally saw her child completely. Lifting her head, she saw her sister Stalia smiling happily at her.

"She's an androgyne Minnie. The family has been blessed," said Stalia and Minova felt joyful tears escape her.

"Is she really?" asked her brother Dove who tried to glance over Busara's shoulder and when he saw the child he beamed with pride looking at his niece.

"Calm down," Busara held up a hand. She took a swift glance over at Eon's party who were now huddled in the corner of the room, silent. They were emitting negative energy and she could sense it turning palpable. Especially from the man standing next to Eon, in the dark dress.

"What is the name bestowed upon her Busara?" asked Melody, Minova's other sister. Busara made eye-contact with June, and he stepped back slightly as if his secret had been caught.

"The child has been destined to bear many names. But the one that the mark reverberates is Chaeyoung. And as you can see she is an androgyne," continued Busara.

"Monster," said one of Eon's men and Busara's eyes bore into him. Standing up straight he looked away from her.

"This child is both a blessing to the Park clan and our village. She is also blind," said Busara and Eon stumbled forward.

"She can't see?" he asked softly and Busara nodded at him. Glimpsing down he saw Minova play with the child's nose.

"Would you like to hold her Eon?" Minova lifted Chaeyoung to him and he stepped forward. Minova's sibling's watched him carefully aware that the men and midwives he brought with him did not understand their culture.

Taking hold of the baby a pained expression came over his face as he looked at it. Was this his punishment? Having created a freak-child. But then the baby cried softly and he held it gently. No, he thought. This was his child. This was his child and he will love her, he thought. June and the rest of Eon's men tried to contain their discomfort. But Busara was perceptive.

"How long will you stay for?" asked Busara and Eon looked at her as he handed Chaeyoung back to her mother.

"We only came to attend the birth process. I must return to the kingdom by day break. I would like to spend some hours with Jimin as well before I go," said Eon and Dove shook his head at the man.

"That is fine. It would be best if you and all your people," Busara eyed over Eon's men, "Left soon. You are emitting negative energy towards Chaeyoung. And we as a village can not afford any harm to this child," she said and June stepped forward, placing a hand on Eon's shoulder.