Part 2

"Oh, baby look! The sun is setting," but Jennie looked into Chae's eyes instead, the beams of the light reflecting in them. Glancing down, Chae grinned then gently turned her face towards the orange sky. Jennie puckered her lips, making Chae squeeze her cheeks further.

"Lemomaby," mumbled Jennie and Chae burst out laughing. Some of the other guests turned to them, and as Chae bent forward Jennie swatted her lightly.

"It's not that funny," she said.

"It is," laughed Chae. Controlling herself she smiled and returned her arm around the brunette's shoulder, who was now holding up some food for her, "Thank you," she said and gobbled it up.

Nodding Jennie placed some in her own mouth and took a moment to gaze at the sunset. The main path was fuller now, many people with their families. The sky glimmered above, spatters of dark blue coming into view. Her eyes lowered slightly.

"Baby uhm, today," she felt Chae pull her closer, "We pledged an oath to Jisoo. Confirming my loyalty to her and her future reign."

"Okay..." Chae's face was thoughtful, "It's long overdue actually," she continued, "How do you feel about it?"

"We've made small promises here and there but now Jisoo is taking her position seriously." Chae kissed her cheek, "It got me thinking," Jennie continued, "I know we've spoken about it before but when I take over my mother's position, I'll be expected in the court quite often."

"That's true," said Chae, "And you're going to be the absolute best, even better than your mother."

"Stop," Jennie nudged her playfully, "Baby" her voice softer, "There are going to be more times than I would like that I won't be at home. And I know you and Chu don't really get along," understatement came a voice in her head, but Jennie shrugged it away, "So I just want to make sure, are you okay with it? I don't know how it will go but we might have to change some of our plans when it happens."

She looked at Chae who seemed thoughtful, "If you have any reservations then I won't do it," Jennie smiled and caressed her cheek, "You come first baby, if you feel I shouldn't do it, then I'll go to Chu and let them know."

Jennie's heart was thudding. She'd been working non-stop to finally become the Commander of the Royal military. It had been a lifelong pursuit, for all three of them, to be together and rule the kingdom as best as they could. However, Chae...was someone she couldn't learn living without. And her dream was something she could learn to do that with.

Chae placed a gentle kiss on her lips. There were many times in the past where she wanted to be selfish. Have Jennie all for herself. But she also knew that in the end, that would make the brunette filled with resentment. And quite frankly, she wanted to be there as Jennie fulfilled all her dreams. No matter who or where she had to share that stage with.

"Baby," she gave her another kiss, "You're going to be the Royal Commander," two more kisses, "AND my wife," she squeezed Jennie's waist, "I don't want you to give up one of you're dreams for me Jen. No matter how hard it will be, you can have it all. And I'm going to be there every step of the way. Okay?"

Jennie nodded giddily, "Okay Chae," they hugged, and she giggled as she felt soft nibbles on her neck, "Chae, not here," she pulled her back.

"I know, I know," Chae pouted innocently. Jennie whisked away a strand of pink hair.

"YOH LOVE BIRDS!" Chungha crashed down across them. A woman in a white dress walked up behind her, as she looked at her a pain etched in her head. Meanwhile, Chae held out a hand to the woman.