Part 2

Rubbing his face, Jimin stood up with a sigh. Hands on his hips, he walked over to the window. The clouds hung low but the food vendors had long lines, many people coming out to enjoy the cool weather. Devlin watched his movements as he continued.

"Hyuna is still unclear as to what the project might be. But I think its time that we discuss defensive measures."

"If it is another attack, what are they after? The village?" asked Ren.

"It's more to do with what's in the village.," said Devlin.

"Then perhaps it would be best to not have Chaeyoung stay here," said Kali.

Jimin closed his eyes, "But how much longer can we allow her to continue fighting in the war? We all know the Royal military will utilise her strength," he said.

"They already have," said Sowon, "And I agree, there needs to be an alternative."

"That child," sighed Kali sadly, "Hasn't had a moment of rest since the moment she came into this world."

Ren frowned as a thought flashed to him. He shifted in his seat and peaked at Jimin. It had been coming to him more often, but he wanted to talk to his friend first. Where they could discuss in private, without the influences of the others.

"What of the funeral?" asked Sowon as Jimin sat back down, "Will you be going?"

"I don't know," sighed Jimin. Securing the village's defenses was his main concern as well as the safety of his sister.

"Someone has to," said Sowon, "It would send the wrong message if we don't have a village representative at the very least."

"Well it certainly won't be me," scoffed Kali.

"I'll go," said Devlin, "Sowon's right. We do need someone present there. Besides I'm sure Chaeyoung won't be going either. You should stay here and work on how to approach this issue," he stared at Jimin.

"Thank you," said Jimin, "But we still need more information. However, from what we have it's clear the rebellion has ties to this new religion," his mind drifted to Taehyung.

"We must just be patient," said Devlin, "Hyuna and E'dawn will find out what we need."

"Still," said Sowon, "We should prepare," she got up and they all followed as she led the way out.

Kai thanked Duke has he handed him the papers. Taehyung and Nayeon were setting up the table with the refreshments. He watched as the two spoke, smiles on their faces. His gaze lingered, making Taehyung turn. Averting his eyes, he sat down and began to read. The summary was succinct. Suga detailing as much as possible. It appeared Jisoo had realised the truth of her destiny. He smiled, happy to see that it didn't take long for the princess to understand.

But has he read further the lines on his lips thinned. This was going to be a problem. He was aware of how dear the princess held her two friends. If they didn't believe, then there would always be a notion of doubt close to her. They needed to sort this out.

The door burst open as Jisoo stormed in. She kicked a chair over, hands balled in anger and frustration. The rest followed her, concern over their faces. Kai stood up and Suga shook his head at him. Jeongyeon went over to Nayeon, who covered her mouth in shock. While Irene ran behind Jisoo, rubbing her back, hoping to take the stress away.

"That man infuriates me!" growled Jisoo.

"Did he refuse?" asked Kai.

"He didn't even want to see me," said Jisoo, "She was my mother. I get to have a say in how she should be buried."