Part 2

The pain slithered from the base of her neck, making itself comfortable near her right temple. Their steps were fast, and the shadow at the end of Jisoo's feet furious. Jennie wiped her forehead. Turning at the loud shouts, she saw some of the nobles had streamed out the court.

"Jisoo."

They passed by a few guards, she caught the snarls on two of their faces.

"Jisoo!"

She tried again. Black doors flung open as Jisoo forced her way through. The stairs spiralled making Jennie blink slowly, the darkness thickening. They walked further down. Lisa turned, her eyebrows deeply set. Jennie shook her head at her and nodded for them to continue following.

Their footsteps clattered as another set of doors were barged into. The room was large a round table in the center, a gold cloth covering it and the seats the colour of charcoal. Jisoo stomped towards the window and leaned her hands down. Lisa stopped and pulled out an arm as Suga tried going over to her.

He gave her a scowl but when his gaze returned to the princess, he understood her reasoning. Jisoo stared out of the window, seeing only the greens of the Royal Gardens, the tears in her eyes staining her sight. Jeongyeon closed the door as she was the last to enter. Jennie was grateful for the light in the room, but her heart panged as Jisoo's nails dug into the windowsill. Irene shuffled towards her but hesitated from touching.

"...take a seat everyone," she instructed wiping at her eyes, "There is much we have to plan."

"EON!"

"EON!"

Chaerin hurried to catch up with him. He turned into the Council room, breaths heavy. Running up towards him, she grabbed his shoulders and pushed him into the wall.

"CL!" Bella placed a hand over her mouth as Clive rushed towards them.

"What has gotten into you?" demanded Chaerin as she held Eon up against the wall. Clive shoved her off. Gasping for breath, Eon stood, knees trembling.

"I am your king!"

"You are out of your mind!" she retorted. She lunged at him again, but Clive pulled her back.

"Enough CL," he ushered her to the other side of the room. June looked on, bewildered and scared.

"Explain yourself," said Chaerin, "What demon possessed you to do what you just did?"

"I have nothing to explain,"

"No Eon," said Bella, "You have everything to explain," she walked to the door and locked it, placing the key in one of her pockets, "None of us are leaving until you give us answers."

"Chu, what you said..." Jennie's gaze lowered. None of them had taken a seat, Jisoo's back still facing them, "What your father said..."

"The king," Jisoo's voice was hoarse, "made himself clear," she turned, eyes red, "And so did I."

"Chu, do you understand what this means?"

"I'm fully aware of the implications Jen."

"Perhaps the king was mistaken. Didn't intend to upset you."

"He named Jimin his successor," growled Jisoo, "There is no doubt on what he's done."

"Still Chu," Jennie walked over to her, "Everything was said in anger. With no time for reasoning. We should ask for the king's audience, along with the Council. Demand an explanation and from there decided what we should do."