Part 2

There wasn't time. She moved behind a thick trunk and slumped down. Her eyes were no longer willing to remain open, yet she'd come this far. Her head moved back, the tiredness felt overwhelming. The rustling was louder now. Chuckling she knew that madness was the only thing that must have led her here. Her head felt heavy. The rustling stopped. It was over, she could feel it. When the footsteps halted in front of her, she knew. But then arms wrapped her up in a gentle embrace. Willing her eyes to flicker open, she was met by that familiar beautiful dark brown face. And her eyes were no longer the colour she'd fallen in love with. No. Now, they reflected the fire in her, that's always been in her. Bright and blazing with rage. And it was so very beautiful....

Gasping, Jennie clutched her chest still finding it difficult to breathe. Laying back down, her heartbeat slowly returned to normal. Fingers traveling through hair, she found her skin sticky. The sweat had dried. Rubbing her head, she looked around and saw that the room was bright with sunshine.

Feet hitting the floor, she slumped over to the bathroom. The water felt cool on the tip of her fingers and she splashed her face. Patting her cheeks, she sighed unimpressed. Returning to the bedroom, she saw Chae sitting on the near side. There was a plate of food on the bedside table and a cup of something warm.

"I made you breakfast," she smiled sheepishly. Walking over to her, Jennie looked down at the food.

"It smells good," she grinned. Chae tugged her shirt.

"Baby," Jennie waited, "We need to talk," she felt herself being pulled and softly she made herself comfortable in Chae's lap. The sheepish smile was still there, making Jennie lean down to have a taste of it. But their lips never met.

"Let's talk first," said Chae.

"Okay," said Jennie lowly and slid next to her. Gazing downwards a familiar knot found itself in Chae's stomach. Fingers twiddling, she felt as though it was hitting her from the inside out. Staring at the side of her face, Jennie wanted to kiss her cheek. But she didn't know if she should.

When she turned to her Chae saw that Jennie was biting her lip, "Yesterday, when I had to destroy the village, all I could think of was what you'd said before," The knot was rolling around now, she hoped it wouldn't come up to her throat. Jennie looked at her with soft eyes.

"You did what you could Chae, you shouldn't feel guilty. You saved many people," said the brunette, aware that her girlfriend was finding her decision difficult to accept.

"You're right baby," Chae smiled at her but looked down again, "And it's because you've always supported me so sincerely that I'm able to find the strength to do what I'm about to," Jennie's eyebrows scrunched as she saw Chae bend down in front of her.

"Having seen the empty space of where that village was made me think only about how you said you wouldn't mind moving here with me. Being with me," Chae pushed the knot away and found the courage to look Jennie straight in the eyes. Reaching into her jacket pocket, her hands were shaking. It was worse than last night, but she was able to grip onto the box.

Taking it out, she bowed down and placed it at Jennie's feet. Closing her eyes, she silently said the needed hymn before looking up again. Jennie's eyes flickered, unsure if this was actually happening.

"Jennie, you're the love of my life and so I ask if you will be in communion with me?"

Chae opened the box and Jennie's breath hitched at what she saw. The black gemstone shone darkly between the clear ones surrounding it on the ring. While the bracelet next to it reflected the brightness of the sunlight. The pink from the gems looked lovely. Chae stared at her expectantly.