Part 1

3 months later...

Jennie giggled lightly as Chae cast another spell and bright sparks burst into the air. It made Chae feel good to hear her friend's laughter even though she couldn't see the sparks herself. But she could imagine it and that's what counted.

"Could you do it again?" asked Jennie and Chae's chains clanked as she shifted her feet and cast the spell again.

"You're so amazing Rosie," clapped Jennie.

"You're better," smiled Chae as she nudged Jennie's side lightly making her chuckle.

"Stop, that tickles," laughed Jennie as she swatted Chae's elbow away. Their giggles filled the dungeon before the creaking of the door broke it.

"Jennie, it's time to head back," said Hyuna. She'd been granted permission to stop calling Jennie "lady" after the young girl had asked to see Chae every day.

"Aah looks like its time to go," said Jennie as she stood. Chae did as well and pulled her into a hug.

"Goodluck with your tactics exercise tomorrow Jenjen. And don't forget the advice I gave you," whispered Chae.

"I won't, thank you for the help," Jennie whispered back, "I'll let you know how it went tomorrow afternoon," said Jennie as they let go.

"I can't wait," smiled Chae.

"Bye Rosie," said Jennie.

"Bye Jenjen," said Chae and her chains clanked as she moved to practice more spells.

Eon's knees shook as he tried to stand up. He had never thought he'd see the day when Busara and Kali would be standing in the royal court right in front of him. Jimin hid his smirk at his father's fear for his elders.

After weeks of lobbying in the royal court, from all supporting parties, Eon and Bria had not given in to releasing Chae. It had become public news and the disdain the king and queen had gotten for the actions were surprising. Though many had heard the rumours about Chae they were also aware that her treatment was inhumane.

Especially as the daughter of the king. Legitimate or not. Jimin had given thanks to Taemin and his keen awareness of public favour for devising the plan. Taemin wasn't the Royal Tactician's son for nothing. Now they'd played their ace move.

Getting Busara and Kali here to demand Chae's release was a move Taemin had thought would be best for the final blow. The continued war against the midlanders and the brutality they'd placed on many of the surrounding forest folks had placed the capital public in a divide.

Though many didn't like the forest folk, mainly due to not understanding them, they were also aware that they fell under the king's protection. Eon's lacklustre response to help citizen's under his domain, except if they were in a key territory, had made him slightly unpopular. People suspected if he didn't want to protect the forest folk there was nothing stopping him from not protecting them either.

Taemin had utilised this increasing lack of popularity by flaring news of how the king treated his forest folk descended daughter. Soon the story had turned into if he couldn't even protect his own daughter then he couldn't protect the domain. June and other nobles had tried to stop the stories but it had been difficult.

Now they'd been caught off guard by the summoning of Busara and Kali, who were determined to bring back one of the precious children of their village. The entire court sat on edge watching the interaction between the two elders and the king and queen.