Part 1

Jolting awake at the awful sound Minova jumped up. But was instantly pinned down by the source of the horrible screaming. It's saliva dripped down from the decaying mouth. Half it's body was a skeleton, the other was similar to burnt skin, tar-like. It's saliva pooled heavily and it spilled out as it opened its mouth to scream again. Struggling against it Minova's senses fizzled when it moved it's mouth down on her neck, unable to distinguish whether the scream was her own or something else, she went blank.

The screams echoed throughout the village as the villagers fought against these dark beasts. People of all ages were scurrying out of their huts, trying to run away. But the shadows were swift and the hunger maddening. The screams between the villagers and the flesh eaters could not be differentiated.

Ren threw his fists against the flesh eater and was able to fight it off him. Running out of his room, he stumbled and fell. Hurrying to get up he saw that he had fell over a torn arm. Horrified he didn't have time to process it as the flesh eater stuttered out of the room and let out a howling screech. Running out, Ren found himself in a rush of intense fear. There were flesh eaters all over the village, people being eaten relentlessly, screams echoing. Feeling a shadow loom over him, Ren joined the rush and tried to find an escape.

Kali held on to Sowon's hand as they rushed through the forest. Flicking a hand behind her, Sowon cast a spell at the shadow that was chasing them. Kali himself was fending a flesh eater ahead of them. They had no idea if any of the other androgynes were still alive after that masking attack placed on all of them at the borders of the village.

They worked in unity to fend off the flesh eaters chasing them but the screams coming from the village was nerve-wracking. They both knew they needed to get back to the village as quick as possible to aid in any way. Gritting his teeth Kali cast another spell and heard the flesh eater scream as it hit it. For now, he thought, they just had to focus on staying alive.

General Tulip saw that her battalion was in complete shock and terror as they watched and heard the nastiness of this attack. She herself was fully disgusted by what they were watching but their leaders had been clear that they needed to follow the commands of Copper, a young man who looked far too excited at what he'd summoned.

"Sir," she nudged him. The screams made it difficult to be heard, "When should we move in?"

"Oh, yes. Let us go in now," he nodded to her and she indicated for the 300 soldiers to enter the village.

Chae remained still as she sensed the flesh eater move around the room, waiting for her to emerge. The painstaking noises coming from her kin were so near she could touch them, and her tears were falling endlessly. She had been able to cast the cloaking spell just in time as well as a repulsion spell, fending the shadow off. However, it was still in the room lurking, panting, thirsting. She tried not to let her crying break her concentration. She felt so afraid. Was this it? Was this the end of her?

She stopped sniffing as she felt the shadow hovering over her again. The repulsion spell fended off its dripping saliva from breaking her cloak. But knowing that it was right above, scared her to the core. She began shivering as she contained her whimpers, not wanting to make it notice her.

It shifted over her body, still paralyzed to the bed. The screams outside worsened and so did her a strength to hold the spells. Her tears kept falling and the spell dimmed. Pausing, the flesh eater waited, sensing her. Chae felt its change of movement and it made her fear palpable. Her spells dimmed further, and she felt the flesh eater shift closer.

Swinging the axe the flesh eater dropped in half and Ren thought he'd won. But then it reassembled itself seamlessly and attacked again. Foot soldiers had appeared as well and were slaying villagers. Ren had noticed the shadows weren't attacking them. The flesh eater moved to him again and he swung. It dropped in half and this time he moved to run away.

General Tulip slipped behind a hut and threw up the nausea she'd carried on their way here. This was hell, utter hell.

"General?" she turned to see Copper smiling at her, one of those shadow things behind him, seemingly tame.

"Uh," she grunted as she wiped her mouth.

"Are you okay?" he asked and she stood up.

"Yes, Sir."

"Good, let's finish the job okay," he smiled sweetly and walked away with the flesh eater following him. Bending down as she saw him disappear behind the hut, she threw up some more. The screams were violating and she couldn't stand it. Heaving, she made up her mind that she wouldn't be able to continue.

Shivering she felt the spell dim even further. Her lips clattered in fear.

Chae, listen to me. There is something seriously wrong with the energy that is casting these things. It's all over the village.

Okay.

I'm going to be frank Chae. Most of the sect is dead. The villagers are not far behind. We need to do something before all of you are dead.

I can't do anything Holland. I'm scared. I'm weak. I, I, I,

Stop it Chae. You are not weak. You've never been weak. You're the only one who has the magi-energy and capability to end this. To save the village.

I can't Holland. I can't.

You can and you will.

Chae shook her head as she couldn't believe her meta's words. She was too afraid. She was too weak. The internal battle with herself continued as the screams swirled outside. Her tears shook with her.

Chaeyoung. You are strong. You are wise. You are deft. You are all which you say your not. But above all you are going to be the saviour of your village.

H...hhh..how?

By tapping into your true power. Chae would you like to see?

What do you mean?

Let me share a secret just between you and me...

Will it let me see?

Most certainly. So listen very carefully...

Answered Holland and told Chae her real name. Body rippling with her magi-energy flowing out freely, a deep orange flash eclipsed her vision and her magi-energy knitted back into her. The power coursed through her body as the flash overtook her.

Hiding behind some thick bushes Ren thought he could rest for a moment. But facing forward he saw that two flesh eaters were eating on a hurdle of his kin. Clamping his tongue from reacting he moved silently away and ran off. But shadows and soldiers attacked from all around. He tripped again while running away from some soldiers.

Getting up he rolled out the way but was soon lying face to face with someone being eaten by one of the shadows. His eyes widened in horror as he recognised the face. Busara's legs were already chopped up by the shadow and it was now by her torso. Her life was leaving her by every bite. She knew she needed to stay alive until a chance came to her.

And seeing Ren in front of her, she knew that Ina/Anna had her favour. Placing a hand on Ren's forhead, she began to transfer her knowledge as an Oracle to him. Still shocked by seeing his elder being chomped up, Ren didn't notice the touch. But then a bright flash bounced across the whole village and his eyes rolled to the back of his head.