Part 1

Dahyun clapped enthusiastically while Chae cheered on. Jaehyun was attempting to practice what they'd been taught earlier today. It was an air element-based spell where one could lift objects up in the air. That morning Devlin had taught the basics to them and they'd learned it quickly. Moreover, because of Chae's abundance of energy, she was able to lift four rocks at once while they'd only been able to lift one. But now Jaehyun wanted to practice the energy concentration spell he'd been secretly learning along with this new one.

"You guys just need to be still," he told them.

"What's gonna happen Jae?" asked Chae and Dahyun saw him smile.

"I'm going to make you fly," he answered and the girls got even more excited cheering Jaehyun's name. He smirked to himself and held out his hands. They were still only learning the first level of spell casting and energy management but he'd been getting bored by the repetitive lessons.

Aware that his father had made it clear they need to move through the levels on his terms, he'd been sneaking into the family library and read up on his own. Not that he could fully understand most of the big words but he just made up the rest in his head. Dahyun and Chae held each's others hands as they felt their feet lifting. Eyes wide Jaehyun, fist pumped.

"I'm doing it!" he said happily but his movements made the girls drop down. Running to them Daehyun kicked him lightly.

"That was sore," she said and he chuckled helping them both up. Laughing Jaehyun asked if he could try again but Chae's nose twitched. Bending down, she placed her ear against the ground, a smile spread across her face.

"Chae are you ok?" Dahyun and Jae looked at their friend.

"I'm fine Dayday, I just want to go check something," she pointed towards the surrounding bushes.

"Oh, should we come with?"

"No, Jae needs one of us to stay so he can practice," smiled Chae.

"Don't go too far," said Jaehyun and Chae nodded as she practiced using her energy to guide her forward.

Lisa sat up and looked over at her friends. Jisoo was still reading while Jennie seemed spaced out. They were currently in the palace, in Jisoo's chambers. Walking over to Jisoo's wall, Lisa took out a puzzle box and turned to her friends.

"Let's make a puzzle," she smiled and they agreed. Twenty minutes had passed and Lisa saw that Jennie was still in a bit of a mood.

"Jen are you okay?" Jisoo looked up at Lisa's question and they both looked at Jennie. Surprised Jennie nodded.

"Yes Lis," she gave a weak smile and Lisa chuckled.

"Don't worry Jen, Chae should be back later this afternoon," and Lisa smiled at the pink tint on Jennie's face.

"I said I'm fine Lis," huffed Jennie but Lisa being Lisa continued to press on.

"I know you wish Chae was here. Let's have fun till she comes back," said Lisa and Jennie's blush deepened.

She didn't want to admit to Lisa's teasing because there was some truth to it. She missed Chae, they'd become very good friends. Jisoo and Jennie had just entered their first year in the Royal Military Juniors School Division and she was excited to share with Chae some of the things they had learned.

Lisa and Chae needed to wait until next year when they were six years old as well before they could join them. But Jennie was happy because now, she could share with Chae some of her lessons much like her younger friend had been sharing with her about her magic lessons.