Part 2

They stood cautiously, some behind others taller than them, some peaking through windows and doors that weren't fully closed. While others were out in the open, arms folded and presence loud. The guards might not have looked it, but they kept watch over, waiting for any unexpected movement.

The carriages lined up straight into the village square. Every androgyne and sorcerer positioned in the middle. The Oracles stood behind them, the majority green and purple robes flapping in the wind. Most had the scars on their faces, marks of survival. There was a group in the corners, near the food vendors, dressed in different shades of red. Their eyes were closed but their murmurs present. Prayers. Eon glanced at them curiously, having seen similar scenes on his way through the capital.

"This is quite a welcoming son," he looked over the square, estimating how many were watching, "You'd give Busara a run for her money."

Heads flinched at the name, "What is the reason for this visit?" asked Jimin

"Could we perhaps talk in private," Eon smiled at Kali and Devlin.

"Sure, we can go to my hut," said Jimin and stepped ahead. Everyone watched as the two walked towards his quarters. Though Eon's back was more slouched and his dress decadent their resemblance was uncanny. It brought forward, a truth many forgot. Jimin was the king's son, forest folk mother or not, a part of him would always be royalty.

...Shapes hovered before her as she forced the blur away. Ashes. The stench was revolting, making her body react. Hand onto lips. Blink. Blink. The blur cleared revealing fingers coated in red. Her body reacted again. It made her ears pop open. And the sounds they heard were damning. HELP! HELP ME! Head lifting, she recoiled. TAKE IT BACK! I DON'T WANT TO SEE! But her vision remained clear. Beasts that should not exist, ran rampant, prowling on those who tried to run away. Ashes. A beast in the sky, its mouth releasing flames. Ashes. Its eyes the colour of fire. A beast in front of her. A lion. Black and hungry. Eyes like the one in the sky. Ashes. Black boots in front of her. Gently her chin was lifted. Black braids framed the most beautiful face she's ever seen. Dark brown in complexion, lips full. And eyes a striking orange. Ashes. Like the one in the sky. Ashes. It was lovely. Ashes. But. But. But. But....

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HELP ME! HELP ME!" Dahyun's body crashed down onto the ground as her lungs screamed. Footsteps rushed into her tent, her voice still screeching. Someone sat on top of her, another held down her legs.

"TAKE IT BACK! I DON'T WANT TO SEE!"

A hand slapped her face, but her voice kept on screeching.

"Bring a bucket," said a voice. Murmurs around her. She gripped her hair.

"Hurry!" said another. Her body shook as water was dumped over her. Breaths calming, she saw her tent was full of her unit members. All of whom looked at her in concern.

"Are you alright?" asked a soldier with a ponytail. Dahyun gave an apprehensive nod. Smiling the soldier told the rest to get out of the tent. They all left shortly, glad that Dahyun was fine.

"Come, let me help you clean up," she reached out a hand. Gulping, Dahyun took hold of it, clutching tightly, wanting anything but to be left alone.

"Thank you," said Jaehyun as he took the cup.

"No worries," Ren sat back next to him, placing his own cup on the table.