Part 2

Looking back, she saw the lights of the town were faint. Facing forward, she felt him grip her hand tighter. They still needed to walk some distance before it was fully safe to use their magi-energy. Hyuna felt they were now safe to talk, the crackles of the forest woods beneath their feat drowning out sound. However, her voice was still low.

"Are you alright?" her thumb grazed over his wrist. His pulse was still high.

"Yes love," he smiled at her.

"You should've let me do it," she said.

E'dawn kept his eyes ahead as he sucked his lower lip inward, "No, it had to be me. He would not have asked to be killed by a stranger."

"Still," said Hyuna. She rubbed his arm as the tick of crickets hissed around them. She wondered if it was wise of them to leave the old man's body in that room. Jaw tensing, she silently recited another hymn of protection, "By the way," she looked up at him, "What else did he say?"

E'dawn turned to her, "He gave me the address to where his nephew currently resides."

"The one that he spoke of?"

"Yes," said E'dawn, "He said that if anyone knew of what was going on with Kai it would be him."

"Alright," said Chaeyoung, "So we can presume that the archive project and naming of the village that the others have initiated is false. Rather they are searching for something."

"Something that you," Kat pointed at her, "Must not be made aware of."

"Yes," said Chaeyoung, "Whatever it is, is clearly very important and difficult to find." Dahyun wrote as they spoke.

"Then," continued Jaehyun, "E'dawn is in the Midlands. In a monastery that houses one of the oldest library catalogues in the land."

"He is using Duncan's name," said Dahyun as she wrote it down.

"Yes," said Chaeyoung as she crossed her legs and arms, "We can assume he's under the guise of becoming a monk there. And we can also assume that Hyuna is nearby."

"Are you sure?" asked Kat.

"Yes," said Chaeyoung, "They're both really powerful sorcerers but together they work even better. My guess is that they are both in the Midlands. Possibly under the instructions of my brother and the others."

"Aah," said Kat in realisation, "E'dawn may be searching for this thing they're looking for in that library."

"Makes sense," said Jaehyun.

Chaeyoung nodded and Dahyun wrote it all down. Her eyes found themselves on the black and pink book. They had assumed that the bumps on the letters were braille. However, if it was, it was in the book's foreign language. Chaeyoung was unable to decipher any of it.

"It may not be the only reason they're there," she continued, "If you're correct Jaehyun and who you saw talking to General Koben was Kai, then I'm sure the others may have made that link," her mind drifted to Taemin. If anyone would have suspicions of such a connection, she knew Taemin would have made that link and taken action to find more out about it.

Dahyun wrote all that they said as someone knocked on the door. Getting up, Jaehyun eyed the black and pink book. Understanding, Kat reached for it and hid it away. Leaning forward, Chaeyoung tapped her fingers on the table. The door closed and following Jaehyun was Devlin.

"You're all here," he said.

"Would you like something to drink," offered Jaehyun.

"No son," Clive looked at the large book on the table, "I don't know if you're aware, but a cloud of dark-magi was spotted above the capital."