7. Learning

The next month wasn't that bad, once I got past the awkwardness and started to see Jazz as a friend.

The first few weeks were a bit difficult though.

Now, though, Jazz and I are good friends. We spent each sunset at the cove, just speaking about the differences of our lives and the different cultures of our worlds, even talking about some of the similarities. I told him I was into heavy metal, showing him the CD's I had from my time and a little after that. He listened to it and asked me in a serious voice.

"How can ya stand all the screamin'?" 

I busted out laughing at that and asked him how he can handle listening to rap, which I always thought was just extremely fast talking.

We didn't dispute each other's music choices again.

Luckily, with us acting like friends, no one questioned us being sparkmates. We never spoke of it because the idea still embarrassed us both.

Most of the rest of the time was divided between me becoming friends with the other autobots, becoming friends with Lennox's team that joined him in the setup of NEST, Jazz and I fighting as he taught me new tactics, and my meditation to trying to unlock more of my power.

Oh, and the occasional bit of time to tinker.

I felt like there was more pressure on me now, to learn and understand these powers that were given to me. Not only to help end a millinium old war but to save a race and their dying planet. I hardly learned much though, just little tiny new snippets of history, each one as painful to watch as the next, seeing a world get torn to piece over war.

My mind struggled with it, which lead me to believe that is the reason I haven't progressed much.

I didn't know how yet to get past that, so I left it and just continued to try.

Training with Jazz always took my mind off of the horrific things I saw, even if I came away with a few dents as I tried to learn the new moves. Jazz was honestly shocked that everything I learned on fighting as self taught, only a few recording of watching others fighting to help me learn more. It wasn't easy though, Jazz made me feel like an amateur, he fought so fluidly you hardly could catch his next move before he executed it.

It did mean I visited Ratchet often, and he grumbled often before the scrapes, bumps, and dents I walked sheepishly into his medical warehouse with. To try to make him not scold me about my fights, I turned the conversation to some of my more unique inventions, such as my cloaking tech and a prototype shield I had in the works, which he found intriguing and asked a million questions about.

I could see why Ironhide and Ratchet were both close friends, both of them were interested in my inventions, Ironhide more into my weapons and blueprints. I remember Ironhide's wide optic's as I plugged in my pin-drive to a large screen computer I created a while ago and showed him the list of hundreds of blueprints and several recorded prototypes.

Most of the time I visited Ratchet due to the injuries in repairing my damaged tech.

My wing was especially difficult to repair, as I had not messed with the mechanisms in the component for quite some time. I was debating if both my wing's needed upgrades, as I cussed every time I made a mistake.

It was at such a time, when I was working on my missing wing, that my new alt form arrived here at Diego Garcia.

I was in a smaller hanger given to me for my tinkering after NEST discovered I had an aptitude to creating things that exploded. This hanger wasn't used often and I promised them I would repair anything I broke, which they agreed to.