49. Dark Side

I stepped out into the main hanger, surprised that there were less stares at me. The place was hectic, autobots and human's moving all about the place, announcements sounding from the speakers in a near constant drone.

I walked carefully among them, watching my step as human's darted all around, not even seeming afraid to dart between my legs to get to where they were going.

What happened to the giant bubble around me that seemed to ward everyone away?

I heard Jazz laughing at some joke and looked up, a smile tugging at my lips once more as I felt the sparkling respond with happiness at hearing his voice.

Has this sparkling changed my attitude so much that people are no longer afraid of me?

I lifted a pede, staring wide optic at the human who darted under my pede like there wasn't a large piece of metal above his head.

Now, that is the only thing I miss about my period of depression, humans not getting so close.

Ratchet came stomping through, human's immediatly parting quickly for him, aware that he is usually so focused on something he doesn't watch his steps.

I quickly darted behind Ratchet, shocking a human when I jumped over a grouping of them agilely.

I smirked at bit at that.

"All arriving Autobots, in pan training and debriefing in fifteen minutes." The Announcer continued to call out in a bored sounding voice. I would hate to have that guy's job.

Some human's turned to stare as Ratchet stomped though, me not far behind him so I could avoid the humans darting under my pedes.

I came to a stop by Jazz, Ironhide, and Mirage. Sideswipe looked to have walked away from the group of autobots, looking like he was talking to some human on the wall guard.

"So, did I miss anything? Beyond you all thinking I am on 'Happy Pills'?" I said, quoting happy pills with my servos.

Ratchet looked at me and then the three autobots, looking extremely amused.

"We have been debating the type of happy pills you are on." Ironhide taunted.

"So that so? Well, you will be disappointed, I am not on any happy pills." I said, smirking at Ironhide.

"Darn, and it looked like I might win the bet." Ironhide grumbled, making me chuckle.

Jazz rolled his optics at our antics, too much to our constant jabs and taunts. 

"Need I remind you, such 'happy pills' do not affect us like humans." Ratchet said, seeming confused.

Ironhide just huffed, making me smile as I tried to hold in the chuckles.

"Well, I am still going to start a betting pool on what made Dustwing go from Miss Constantly Grumpy to suddenly Miss Bright and Shining." Ironhide grumbled, making me stiffen.

Uh oh....

"Ah am sorry, what do ya mean about her being constantly grumpy?" Jazz asked, sounding a little mad, optics locked on me.

All three other sets of optics looked at me in shock. I laughed nervously.

"Uhhh.... oh! Mearing and Lennox have arrived." I said quickly, turning away and grimacing.

Oh, I was so not looking forward to that conversation....

I felt a tap of confusion and worry from the sparkling, making a smile pull at my lips once more. I sent the sparkling some love, feeling it calm.