24. Promises

The rest of our trip was silent as the sun grew low in the sky, the dark silhouette of the Pyramids growing larger and larger in the setting star.

Soon we reached the base of one, Mikaela getting out to let me transform and begin to climb the hill to an abandoned looking place we spotted from the distance. The place would offer shelter for the human's for the night.

Jazz was behind me, seeming to be aware now of my awful climbing capabilities, but I managed quite well.

I pulled myself up the ledge, standing and dusting sand off of my form, freezing as I felt a servo absentmindedly touch my wings from behind me, almost like Jazz was unaware of it as the back of his servo ran lightly along my wings as he passed by.

I don't know how much more I can take if he keeps accidentally touching my wings.

I helped Mikaela up the last step of the cliff, all the humans huffing from the climb as they reached the top, Bee behind them as he was keeping a watch to make sure they didn't fall.

We began to walk towards the building in the distance.

"Ssh. Undercover, yo. You got to blend in with your surroundings. You know, you got to be part of the landscape- ow!" Skids said, pretending stupidly to be stealthy though no one was around, this place was barren of people. Bee just rammed into him as he walked heavily by, making me snort into my servo as the smaller bot ate the dirt, literally.

"Awesome! I think aliens built that. Yeah! Yeah, yeah. Come on. Move it! Move it! Move out!" Simmons said, looking up at the Pyramid in shock before ushering the humans urgently inside the building. Mikaela winked at me, which confused me and made me embarrassed as she walked into the building.

"Guard us. Low profile. Don't make a scene, okay?"Sam said was Bee and the twins transformed down, before he walked inside the building.

"Yeah, some of us got work to do! Dumb Autobots." Wheelie said, acting annoying, making me wonder if that was just a natural part of the minibot's personality.

I watched as Bee and the twins drove away slightly, transforming to train in the boredom, my stealth tech giving them the freedom to due so, plus the setting sun, that barely had a sliver on the horizon now.

I gasped in shock when a familiar four clawed servo grabbed mine tightly, dragging me around the side of the building, out of the view of the others and into the dark shadows which my optics quickly adjusted to.

"Jazz?" I asked quietly, feeling the atmosphere charged with something that made me want to keep my voice low.

I looked at his servo holding mine, watching it clench tighter on my servo before I looked up, optics widening to see his visor up, his blue optics staring into my own with a storm of emotions that I couldn't read, but sent my spark jumping, spinning, and twisting like it was trying to do gymnastics.

Jazz raised his free servo, sending my breathing skyrocketing as his four clawed digits lightly touched the side of my helm, softly holding my face and sending tingles through my frame strongly, my mind blank in shock and the overwhelming feelings as the warmth of his servo seeped into my face.

"Ah love ya, Everlyn." Jazz said, his voice intense, his optics staring straight into my own.

My breathing stopped, did I hear him right? Am I dreaming?

This is a dream I would never want to wake up from.

I continued to stare at him as he leaned in, sending my spark racing so much it felt like it would fly out of my chest, optics closing lightly before opening again to stare at me intently.