9. Best Friends

"Bro, why did you throw that wrench?!"

"You were the one who started it!"

"Well look at our dumbass's now?!"

"It ain't my fault!"

"It totally is!"

"Isn't!"

"Is"

"Isn't!"

I grinned from my spot in the hanger, sitting with one of my short swords in my lap as I sharpened the metal, watching the two ridiculous looking twins fight in annoyance of my prank. Jazz had to go talk to Optimus about something so I was left alone to my thoughts. Usually I would spend this time in my tinkering hanger, causing explosions and potential mayhem in the small space.

But I had made some great breakthrough's in my work recently and decided to sit back and watch my revenge or prank, whatever you wish to call it, went through.

I smirked even more as I thought of the twin's reaction to finding out the old, beat up and pink ice cream truck was their's.

Priceless.

Even better was the fact that they had to share it. Their first transformation? They looked hilarious.

All the other new autobot's received their new alt modes today as well.

I smiled, brightly and happily as I thought of my conversation with Jazz a month ago.

"Jazz, I know you like your Pontiac, but you are going to stand out more. Pontiac went out of business a while ago, you car will stand out more and more as time passes. Just.... consider a new car form?" I said while he sat with me in my tinkering hanger.

Normally he wouldn't come in here but I was currently setting up my new and now working shield to his gun. He liked when I showed off the prototype against Ironhide's guns, shocking some of the autobot's when, after the smoke cleared, my energy shield stood, unaffected.

I was currently designing it to fit to the shape of the unique shield on his gun. Talking of the new autobot's asking for alt forms started this conversation.

Jazz frowned.

"Ya, ah know, ah have been thinking of that. This alt form was just one ah picked up as quickly as possible after ah landed on Earth. Ah kind of.... kind of want my old colors." Jazz said.

"Old colors?" I asked, paying more attention to the work I was doing.

He chuckled, "Ya, might also make sure Sideswipe and ah don't look similar." Jazz said jokingly.

I frowned at that, Sideswipe was seriously getting on my nerves. Almost everyday anymore he was trying to hit on me, Jazz seeming to disappear like a ghost whenever Sideswipe approaches me. I tend to forget Jazz is an expert Saboteur, so stealth is something he excels at. Still unnerves me though. I wonder if my abilities as the Savior of The AllSpark do the same to others. 

I never really thought of it that way.

But Sideswipe was driving me insane, leading me to believe Optimus didn't think our 'sparkmates' thing needed to be told to the other bots. I'm not sure.

"Ah ha!" I said happily as the energy shield activated, fitting perfectly to the shape is old metal shield was, glowing a light blue. I handed it to him and he transformed his arm, attaching it to his gun and activating it.

"Nice, Dustwing." Jazz said.

"Glad one of my inventions can finally be put to use. Ironhide is still hounding me for that explosive fire-rate gun blueprint I created." I said happily.