50. Emotions

Once the meeting was adjourned, I took up a corner in the room, Jazz moving off to talk to Optimus.

I sighed, sitting down and flicking one of my swords on and off, watching it flicker to life and vanish, over and over.

"You know, I have never seen you fight with those." I heard suddenly, looking to see Lennox standing next to one of my outstretched pedes.

"Yes, well, they are more deadly than just about every other weapon I carry." I said, watching the glowing blade vanish, pulling the hilt away.

"How can I help you, Lennox?" I questioned.

"You know Mearing?" He asked.

"Yes, in fact. I am not friends with her by any means, I just learned the best way to speak to the government official." I said.

"How?" He nearly pleaded, making me laugh.

"Just don't call her ma'am and give her straight answers and you will be fine, Lennox. She isn't that bad, just a bit more strict than most." I said, frowning thoughtfully.

"I.... answered a question for you, now may I ask one?" I asked nervously, wondering if asking this question would be a problem.

"Sure." He said.

"How did you handle Annabelle, suddenly becoming a father out of no where?" I asked quietly, making sure Jazz did not pick up my words. Thankfully, he was far enough away he didn't.

Lennox frowned at me in confusion.

"What brought this question on?" he asked in confusion.

"Please, just- answer it, please?" I asked as calmly as I could.

He frowned thoughtfully.

"At first I was... terrified, I had no clue how to handle a baby. But when my wife put her in my arms... I wasn't terrified anymore." Lennox said, shrugging.

"Do you miss her?" I asked.

"All the time, but I push forward, knowing I am protecting her future. That is what keeps me going." Lennox said, smiling slightly at the thought of his now six year old daughter.

I smiled slightly.

"Thank you, Lennox." I said, tapping my digits together as I watched the action, looking up when I noticed Lennox was staring calculatingly at me.

"Dustwing- are you-" Lennox began to say.

"Yo! Wing! Up for a fight?!" Ironhide called across the room.

"No, thanks though for the offer!" I called.

"Woah! Dustwing not wanting to fight! You grown rusty? Fear you are going to loose?" Ironhide said, approaching.

"No, I am merely just not in the mood to fight, 'Hide." I said.

"Aw! And I was looking forward to a good fight." Ironhide said, stopping nearby.

"Ask Mirage, I am sure he wouldn't pass down a good fight." I said.

"Hmmm... good point." Ironhide said, walking away.

"You were saying, Lennox?" I asked, looking at the human once more, worry filling me at the big smile on the human's face.

"Nothing, I think I found my answer. Also, don't worry, I won't tell anyone till your ready to tell them." Lennox said, walking away with a smile as he saw me tense in worry.

"I mean it, Dustwing, NEST member's honor." Lennox said, turning and nodding to me, making me sigh in relief.

<><><><><><><><>