27. Never

The battle seemed quiet and distant around me, things seeming to fly through the sky in slow motion, explosions happening in slow motion as I watched, breathing heavy, feeling such I great weight on my chest.

This mental battle with The Fallen was one I could not loose.

But one I did not know how to win.

"Give me the power of the AllSpark, insect, I am done with these games. If you do not give in willingly, I will make you give it to me." The Fallen growled, seeming like his voice was echoing from everywhere as I curled up, servos, clamped over my head as I fought the pain.

If you think I am willingly going to give you the power of the AllSpark, then you must be crazy. I thought determinedly.

"Fine then, unwillingly it is." He growled.

Suddenly I couldn't feel my legs, making me gasp as I scrambled at the ground and wall for purchase.

"Jazz!" I said in fear as I found purchase on a small pillar, fighting my own frame. I was so terrified, loosing control of my one frame.

Jazz looked at me, his visor cracked, but frowned at my odd position. He reached out and grabbed my arm, yanking me back into cover as I grabbed tightly onto the wall, digits cutting through the sandstone. I still couldn't feel my legs.

"What is it?" Jazz asked, hiding in cover with me, looking into my optics before checking me for injuries.

"I-I-" I stuttered, so overwhelmed by fear at what just happened, something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy to feel.

Except my The Fallen.

Give him a taste of his own medicine.

"I wasn't the one who moved my pedes, Jazz." I gasped in horror, tightening my grip on the wall.

His optic that I could see through his cracked visor widened before he reached out and wrapped his arms securely around me to hold me firmly in place, my pedes, completely beyond my control, scrambled for purchase.

The battle seemed distant now as I focused on Jazz, hoping he could ground me like his presence had so many times before.

A foolish hope, with the pain racing through my helm and the lack of control over my own legs. It felt like someone ripped my own hands off the controls and were in control now.

Basically that is what The Fallen is doing.

Jaz turned my helm away from watching my pedes, his visor gone now, probably broken off, as he focused on me with intinse optics.

"Ah believe in you, Dustwing, fight it." Jazz said, holding tightly onto my undamaged parts of my shoulders and slowly grounding me to the present as I looked up at him with hope, slowly feeling my pedes return to my own control.

I can fight this.

I gasped as the wall blew up beside us, ripping Jazz's servos from mine as my vision filled with smoke a debre. I sat up in a hurry, looking for Jazz worriedly and not seeing him, pain filling my spark.

Please, Primus or whatever deity there is, please tell me Jazz is okay. I thought in worry.

Nothing replied.

I stood shakily, looking and noticing a thick pillar, prefect for hugging. I hugged the pillar tightly, my helm in so much pain, so much the world was loosing focus as I fought to keep myself aware. The axe in my helm slowly sunk deeper, The Fallen cackling as if he had already won.

I gripped tightly onto the pillar, my pedes moving once more out of my control. I focused less on willing my pedes to be under my control and let myself fell the all encompassing terror. The Fallen growled in annoyance as I was able to hold myself stiffly in place, pillar nearby for me to grab but I stood, my body under my control as I focused, fighting my internal battle and unable to move an inch.