41. Best Friend

I opened the door with my free hand to help Danny through.

"Thanks, Misty." He said, stepping into there apartment.

The first few months of them living in Boston were not in the nicest apartment. But, once they both started getting paid normally they pooled their funds and got an apartment that is extremely nice. 

The apartment consisted of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen/ dining area that opened widely to the large living room.

The part I thought was cool was the open window theme of one wall of the living room, looking out over the rising sun and dull clouds.

"Mikaela! Someone you have been wanting to see has decided to visit!" Danny called as I set down the grocery bags I carried.

I looked up with wide eyes as I heard a squeal and the thumps and sounds of someone running into furniture.

"Woah!" I called out, stumbling backwards and catching myself with a hand on the counter. Mikaela had nearly tackled me to the floor.

The sad part about holoforms? To keep the image real and make it real, the holoform is connected to my senses and thus transfers them to my real form to make sure I react accordingly.

So the feeling like I got punched in the gut was especially uncomfortable and almost painful.

Maybe I need to go see Ratchet the first chance I get, that should not be that painful.

"Mikaela.... as much as I like seeing you too.... can you let go please?" I said in a rough voice.

"Oh! Dustwing, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" She asked, backing off quickly as I bent over, gripping my stomach.

I groaned but leaned up, fighting off the sudden rise in nausea.

Ya, I think I really need to see Ratchet soon, even if I don't want to. Then I remembered how busy everything around his medical room was, how many autobots and humans go through there. Nope, I am not dealing with their annoying looks. I will just deal with it, I am sure it is just something simple. I did fall over inside my hideout the other day, I might have dented my armor and that could easily explain the pain.

I coughed and shook my head, "I'm fine, sorry, that just.... didn't feel so good." I said, frowning in thought.

Mikaela eyed me in confusion before smiling.

"Mikaela, I am gonna get everything set up to make ribs tonight." Danny said.

Mikaela looked at him with wide eyes, "With the liquid smoke for flavor?" She asked.

"Yep." Danny called, disappearing around the corner.

"Come on, Dustwing, lets go talk on the balcony." Mikaela said, grabbing my hand and carefully leading me to the giant glass windows.

I thought it was so cool that these windows opened to a slightly private balcony, a nice little place to talk without prying ears. Mikaela pushed the door open, me helping her open it a bit before we stepped out, me closing the balcony behind me. I was so glad I extended the holoform's range well beyond what it could originally withstand. I could be blocks away from my alt form and still able to work the holoform.

I sighed, closing my eyes and breathing in the clean Boston air of the cloudy morning.

"Why haven't you visited, Dustwing? I was worried sick and about to use that gift you gave me against your wishes." Mikaela said, sounding annoyed. I ended up gifting Mikaela an unassuming looking phone, but the phone was specially built to not be detected by any other possible means and held one number, mine. Well, not a human phone number, it held my comlink connection number.