32. New

I was so relaxed.... so content, I didn't want to wake from my recharge.

I felt embarrassment rise at remembering last night, I never imagine I would pity humans but I did.

They have no idea what they are missing.

The sun had risen behind my lids, but I didn't want to wake or move. Jazz's arm over me shifted, telling me he is either awake or waking up. I really had not recharged much last night, enjoying the contented feeling running through my spark too much to recharge.

Poor Jazz crashed into recharge almost immediately after and had not even shifted till now, completely drained of energy.

I felt my embarrassment rise at thinking of why he was so tired.

Hmmm.... Jazz hummed, my spark seeming to humm it's agreement. I was so blissed out.

Whatimeisit? Jazz grumbled together, making me chuckle. I don't think I have ever heard him slur words together.

I slowly opened my optics, quickly closing them tightly once more.

"Too bright." I hissed, throwing my arm over my optics.

Sun is.... up? He said slowly. This is most unusual for Jazz, normally he didn't voice such things.

"Yes." I said softly.

Hmmm... Was his only reply, hugging me tighter to his frame, Don't want to get up.

I frowned minutely while I chuckled. Jazz was unusually clingy, very unusual for him. Also, he is not usually so talkative. I frowned even more as I became aware of the lack of his accent. Did he just not want to use it around me anymore?

I will not deny, his voice without an accent sent my spark a pulsing away. It definitely fit with his name, smooth like jazz music.

Is that so? Jazz said, a smirk in his voice.

I felt embarrassment rise, oh no, did I say that out loud? Dang, maybe I do need to wake up more before thinking such embarrassing thoughts. Jazz chuckled, holding me tighter.

For being so smart, you clearly are not understanding this. Jazz said with amusement.

Not understanding what? I was growing confused. All we were doing as talking to each other. I couldn't get my mind to fully start working, too lost in the contentment racing out of my spark and through my frame. I officially felt like jello, and was totally fine with it.

This is quite amusing. I am not saying anything to give you clues, I wonder how long it will take you to figure it out? Jazz said with amusement still in his voice.

Hmmm.... was it just me or was his voice a bit more... echoing than it should?

I kind of didn't care, sighing.

Well, I am glad I please you enough to quiet that fast running mind of yours. Jazz said, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I elbowed him in the side, needing to cut down his ego. He laughed at this.

I fell quiet once more, relaxing fully and just sinking in a slight, almost recharging. But I didn't want to, I didn't want to let this feeling go.

"So why.... take a week of time away from Diego Garcia?" I grumbled quietly, barely working up the energy to speak.

I thought it would make it easier on you. Jazz said, sighing and burying his helm in my neck, I bent my neck slightly to give him room. 

Make what easier on me?