39. Jazz Returns

I continued working for hours, growing more and more frustrated at the project in my servos.

When Jazz heard of what I was creating, he called me paranoid.

Now that led to one hell of an argument, one which made us not even speak to each other until he returned from his next mission, saying he was sorry and saying he worried about me growing paranoid.

Sadly, I think that boat set sail years ago, years before I met Jazz.

I didn't trust mankind, because I lived among them as a human, because I ran from them, built up lies to them. Humanity was just as prone to doing what Megatron did as cybertronians are.

Jazz just doesn't seem to grasp that.

Only humans I trusted were those closest to me, all others had to earn my trust. I would not give it away willingly to every human I meet.

I knew that if it was ever discovered I was once human, the government or something would claim I did not fall under the Autobot alliance and then try to steal me away for experimentation.

Humanity is prone to being just as cold-hearted as Megatron, we just got lucky through our time on Earth and have only been around a few unsavory people.

But I knew better than to expect we never would. So, I was creating a device that would literally make our energon signals completely undetectable, a way we could literally slip off the map to counteract those stupid energon readers I had to create.

More like forced and, to help me with the project I did not want, Que was there. It was the most annoying experience in my life, the autobot stuttering and jumping every time I moved, growled in annoyance, or basically did anything other then just stand there. There were times I was tempted to cuss the bot out in my annoyance with his attitude.

Maybe I was turning into Ironhide, attitude wise at least.

I yelled my annoyance, turning and tossing the annoying project in the air before sending out an electric shock from my raised servo to fry the thing in my annoyance.

I sighed, smiling slightly at the charred and destroyed thing. Destroying it made me feel better.

"Primus, Ratchet really is right. I am turning into a grumpy femme." I grumbled, cleaning up the mess.

I stopped my cleaning, my helm flying up and a brilliant grin forming on my face as excitement and joy filled me.

I felt it, I felt Jazz reach along the bond. He was entering through the underground parking garage entrance.

I stood, throwing the mess into another corner, not caring anymore as I bounced up and down on my pedes, spark seeming to cry out it's joy.

My sparkmate, my sparkmate is home!

The minute Jazz rounded the corner, transforming, I was already there, tackling him to the floor.

"Oof!"Jazz grunted as I fell on top of him, hugging him and breathing in his scent, feeling the warmth of his frame and feeling his emotions around me.

I so missed him, and was extremely glad he was back.

"Yer crushin' me, Lily." He said in amusement.

I hugged him tighter.

"No." I said.

He laughed before wrapping his arms around me holding me close and sighing. I simply basked in his presence, keeping any thoughts of my depression far, far away.