37. Hideout

I looked around my hideout, sighing as I relaxed slightly. I spent almost all my time here now, only a few hours in the Autobot base a day, maybe none if I could avoid it.

I had reasons, plenty of them.

New Autobot's arrived on Earth at the same time as a large portion of the original NEST members retired or moved to other parts of the military. A large new group of NEST soldiers entered the ranks.

And all of them were freaking terrified of me.

I sighed, a depressed sound that made me seriously wonder if I was turning into Ironhide, like Ratchet kept saying.

But yes, after my exposure in Eygpt of my powers, all NEST soldiers were warned I was a top priority ally, classified top secret, and would be a main target for Decepticons for what I carry.

What annoyed me most was a military drone caught my rage fest on camera and it was the introductory material to the new humans.

What a great image of me, pissed off and enraged at Megatron, shooting explosive blasts and probably looking like the doom-bringer.

Sadly, all of the new autobot's saw this film as well and avoided me like some cybertronian disease.

Luckily, I did make one new friend out of the new autobots.

I sulked in the corner, grumbling to myself and watching the new autobots and humans skitter around my frame like I was going to suddenly smite them like Zeus himself.

I ain't no god, just... unique. It was in times like this that I... hated being different, hated that the AllSpark chose me, made me so different even among my kind.

I glared at the floor, leaning against the wall, arms crossed and digging a pede into the concrete.

"Well, if that does not remind me of Jazz then I don't know what." A voice said in amusement, strong italian accent in place. Almost too strong of an italian accent, but I wasn't going to tell the red framed mech that.

I studied the mech quickly, seeing that he was built for speed and stealth, much like Jazz. He smiled at me.

"Autobot Espionage specialist, designation Mirage." He said politely, holding out a servo.

I cautiously shook it.

"Autobot Engineer, designation Dustwing." I said simply, smiling slightly.

"I could have guessed that easily, I can see why you leave out the 'Savior of The AllSpark' bit." He said, gesturing to the human's gawking at Mirage and the autobots keeping their distance.

I rolled my optics, "I loose my temper once, and for good reason, and it ends up being the one film of my powers that NEST members get introduced with." I said in slight annoyance.

"I understand you saved Jazz from death, thanks for that." He said.

I frowned lightly, "You know Jazz?" I asked curiously.

"I worked under him back on cybertron, probably will end up getting paired with him on missions once everything get's sorted." Mirage said.

"Be prepared, he is away for longer periods of time than most on missions." I said.

"Eh, the life of stealth missions, always slow." Mirage said simply.

I nodded, leaning back against the wall more, frowning at two humans whispering to each other, wishing I had Jazz here to hear what they were gossiping about. I can only imagine its me, with the way they keep sneaking glances at me.