48. Bright and Radiant

I lay curled on my side, Jazz's arms around me. It could be late night or early morning, I had lost track.

My mind moved at too fast of a pace for me to find rest.

I felt... a warm, soft emotion, one that made my depression seem like a millennia ago. Of course, I was still worried but...

I haven't even seen the sparkling yet, and I already love the little mech or femme.

I never understood my brothers words, when he said that there was no gradual love for his children, it was instant.

I think I am beginning to understand.

With my awareness of my situation, I now am able to detect the difference between my emotions, and the sparkling's. I can tell he or she gets confused and scared by some of my stronger emotions, which made me feel bad. I can tell that the sparkling loves me.

And Jazz too.

I remember, before we laid down to recharge, the sparkling reacted to Jazz's love being sent to me across the bond.

I am just glad Jazz did not detect it among my returned love to him.

I kept a servo lightly on my stomach, once I was sure Jazz was well into recharging. It gave me... comfort, to feel like I was touching the sparkling.

Currently, I was fascinated by it's little emotions, no thoughts, just subtle emotions. I do not know what a sparking, parent bond is like, so I do not know if it is just emotions. But the sparkling was listening to my emotions, that I could tell.

I had been feeling such a warm emotion for hours and it seemed to calm the sparkling, making it feel safe and loved.

Such innocent emotions I feel from it, they nearly make coolant rise in my optics. Dang, I really am turning emotional. Ratchet is right, I need to get a grip on this.

I listened along the bond, a slight smile forming on my face as the sparkling touched along the bond, as though saying 'Night' before it's emotions faded into a calm, sleepy feel.

I guess the sparkling showing me emotions wore it out.

I closed my optics, that warm, amazing emotion continuing to curl through me, strong enough for Jazz to feel it and tighten his arm around me while he was still recharging.

I realized what that emotion was now, and as much as it frightened me, it also made me love it all the more.

Motherly love, I was feeling motherly love to the tiny sparkling.

I was so torn, between fear of not being able to be a good parent, and fear of this sparkling being harmed.

We are in the middle of a war right now.

But I wouldn't give up this sparkling for the world, he or she already means as much to me as Jazz. I could not imagine living on without either of them.

And I haven't even properly met the sparkling yet.

But I felt like I knew this sparkling already.

I sighed, closing my optics once more and focusing on what I felt from both Jazz and the sparkling. A light smile appeared on my face as I realized their emotions, while asleep, were not that different, both of them sharing a calm yet amused touch to their emotions while recharging. Very amusing, that is.

Looks as though my previous thought of the sparkling being a lot like Jazz is turning out true.

I was perfectly okay with that.