15. Down

I was lazily talking to Jazz as the twins continued their builds later that afternoon, Jazz was questioning certain human customs we did not understand and I was explaining their purpose.

Jazz and I usually played this game, he would ask a question about some odd Earth custom and then I would ask a question about some off custom I didn't understand of Cybertron.

Right now it was Jazz's turn.

"Ok, what's up with yer world's dancin' in this century?" Jazz asked.

I busted out laughing, the twins turning for a second to see why I laughed before returning to their builds.

"You are asking the wrong person, Jazz. I was raised in the time when normal, proper dancing was going out the window. A time when you either danced like an idiot or danced properly among people dancing like idiots. Only time I ever danced was Prom and I danced alone, I was the nerdy and odd one. Today's dancing? It is completely strange to me." I asked in amusement.

Jazz seemed to be thinking before then nodded.

I was about to voice my question when Jazz's comlink pinged. He looked at me with his intense expression before pressing the side of his helm. The twins heard it too and gathered close by.

"Sir?" Jazz responded.

Something's happened, something's wrong. Those were my only thoughts.

"Jazz, gather your team and meet at the coordinates I will send you. Decepticon's are mobilizing and Sam's University is under attack. Megatron is after him." I heard Optimus say as Jazz made it loud enough for us to hear.

I gasped, Megatron is alive?! How!?!? My memory of the demon optics never really had gone away after my first encounter with the terrifying Decepticon leader. I had nightmares the first year, not so much anymore.

"Don' worry, sir, we are on our way." Jazz said, getting up and racing out of the junk yard to transform, me and the twins on his tail.

We raced down main roads, going well over the speed limit but luckily not encountering any cops. I zipped through the slow afternoon traffic, right on Jazz's tail, the twins easily staying on either side of me.

I could very clearly see Jazz was agitated and worried.

Something felt thick and heavy in the air, like I could sense it. With all the strange things these past few weeks I had felt like something dark was coming, now it felt very close.

Finally we caught up with Ratchet, Ironhide, and a few other Autobot's racing for the college, but our group of four stayed near the back of the group. I noticed Optimus wasn't among the autobot's and that worried me.

Though Optimus isn't the easiest bot to get along with, I have seen him smile and sometimes enjoy the pranks being pulled or games being played. I trusted Optimus by telling him all I had or had not unlocked with my powers and trusted his advise. He inspired all of us Autobot's to rally behind him just because he really wants to do the best for any species.

He inspired me before I even met the bot.

Which is why I hoped he was alright.

We drove fast through the city, racing past a destroyed Warehouse, clearly destroyed in a cybertronian fight by the giant imprints of fists in the walls. Government is going to have fun fixing that.

We all came to a stop, hearing fighting and trees being ripped up. I looked up the hill as I came to a stop to see a human, the one known as Sam, running towards a yellow and black Camaro.

But that wasn't what had my attention, what horrified me.

Optimus, laid out over a destroyed stump with the plates around his chest destroyed, optics blank.