16. Grief and Happiness

Hours passed in silence, mostly me dosing in and out, just out of pure boredom. I was usually very active, my days extremely packed between trying to control and learn new powers, to training, to working on a growing list of weaponry and prototypes many autobots were interested in, like the newer mini guns I made the Arcee triplets.

So all this downtime was unusual to me. I didn't like it, it gave my mind time to think.

That thinking about anything other than my projects usually gravitated to Jazz.

Another thing I really didn't want to think about. I have doing my best to ignore my growing feelings for the bot but they just seemed to barge in at inopportune moments.

Like right now.

About two hours after Leo went back into the warehouse, Jazz's arm slowly wrapped around my middle, dragging me carefully closer. I monitored my breathing, keeping it normal and fighting my frame's reaction to heating up. To take my focus off of his arm, warm and sending tingles through my back, making my spark pulse in that addicting way, I focused on the servo, studying it close up to understand it's differences from mine.

I often did this when Jazz did something unexpected that could lead him to finding out my growing attraction to him. I would study something random closely.

This time it was his servo.

My attraction to Jazz really was growing to frightening points, especially since this last week had been mostly just the two of us, the twins too focused on the huts of garbage they were creating in that time.

Before, we spent maybe three to five hours in each other's company before being pulled away to other duties or, more accurately, me being pulled away to my tinkering hanger or to working on my powers.

I found more and more often that just seeing Jazz's smile could send my spark racing. I almost felt a pull towards the bot, somehow able to sense, sometimes, where he was in a room.

Though I had begun to wonder if that was some ability I had slightly unlocked, because I could sometimes randomly sense where bot's were without even looking at them.

I continued to study how the plates of his four clawed digits form over the joints, I could even see the faint change in color of the metal of the plates inside his servo, where the magnetic ability he had was held in that metal.

Jazz once described to me that his magnetic, energy drawing servos wasn't some installation, in fact such things were a bit uncommon in Cybertronians and he only knew of one other with a unique ability. But many believe every cybertronian has a unique ability. Some about say my smarts in creating things would be my unique ability.

I told him about how there is something similar, yet less obvious among humans and that a portion of our history was extremely horrible and bloody as human's fought to rid the world of such unusual abilities.

I continued to study the way the metal bent and moved till Mikaela spoke. By that point I had practically studied all I could of Jazz's servo and was glad for another distraction.

"There's nothing that you could have done." Mikeala said to Sam, long after the sun had set and they had lit the fire. Bumblebee had transformed hours ago and had not transformed back since then, probably grieving near as much as Jazz, just in a different form.

"You okay?" Sam asked Mikaela.

"Yeah." She said.

I watched from the darkness Jazz and I sat in as San stood, approaching Bumblebee, his eyes flickering to where Jazz and I sat. Most likely Sam couldn't see us, only the faint flicker of metal under the light.