46. Impossibility

My dreams flitted like passing images. A flash of clashing swords, a newly forged cube, still burning from just being forged, the flash of a servo, glowing with a gold-like light, reaching for a servo glowing with a blue light.

Optics, gold optics, staring into my own. I felt.... I felt like I knew them...

"Seriously, sis, when are you going to end up getting married?" Anthony asked over the phone as I cooked my supper, trying to watch and make sure it doesn't burn.

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see it.

"Seriously, bro, how can you stand being married? I wouldn't mind the finding someone you can relate to, but my work matters most to me. The part I still don't understand how you handle is having two kids." I said, shuddering.

"Aw, and I thought you loved your nieces?" Anthony teased me.

"Shut it, of course I do. But raising one myself?" I shook my head, flipping my hamburger, "I don't think I am cut from the same material as you, Ant. I don't think I could be a great and loving parent like you. I don't even know the first thing about caring for a baby, or a kid." I said.

Silence fell over the phone for a moment.

"Trust me, Lil's, you would be an amazing parent. You hold more potential than you credit to yourself. I just hope I one day get to see it and tease you about it." Anthony said seriously before quickly changing to joking.

"Hey! Don't think I won't tell Amber about how you always thought girls were the most disgusting things, beyond me." I said in annoyance.

"That doesn't count, I was 10." Anthony argued.

"I was 7, and seriously didn't understand why you thought everyone but me was gross!" I argued, flipping my hamburger onto a plate.

He laughed.

"Just don't totally give up having a kid of your own, Lil's, you might like it more than you think." Anthony said.

"Sure, sure..." Was my only reply......

"... what... passed out... you sure?... Alright..." I slowly heard as my mind began to slowly pull itself from dreams.

It took me a long while to pull myself out of recharge, my mind seeming to deny something and deny it strongly.

"Dustwing? Sweetspark, are ya alrigh'?" I heard Jazz say, feeling a servo lay over my own.

I hummed, tilting my helm towards my sparkmate, my mind peaceful and sleepy.

"She's alrigh', Ratchet, just tryin' ta wake up. Do ya know what caused her ta pass out?" I heard Jazz ask Ratchet.

Ratchet's here?

Something... said something...

My mind fought it off.

"She has not been eating the right amount of metal, weak energon. I have already given her a remedy." Ratchet said.

Huh... was that what we talked about?

"Alrigh'." Jazz said worriedly. I tightened my servo on his, feeling quite sleepy.... Maybe I will just...

"It will take her a few hours to regenerate, I will keep watch on her, Jazz. Go do what Optimus requested, she will be fine." Ratchet said.

Jazz sighed and I felt the light pressure of lips on the forehead before Jazz pulled his servo from mine.