♚ 𝐵𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁 𝒪𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒾𝑔𝓃𝓈 ♚

Aries: A land of rails and stone. Crowded streets part for the sound of bells on the coffin train. Hulking figured carry the dead to the deepest parts of the furnace district. All goes to the fire.

Taurus: Gold for the dead. Knights bound in ritual cloth and enchanted by rites of a god now lost to time. To serve their lord is an eternal duty. The mountain pass to the great tombs guarded by undead holy knights.

Gemini: The river of the dead. Statuary along the banks representing those cast downstream. Clay bodies wading in the stream.

Cancer: Sun-bleached and drained of blood. Bones are cast into the pit beneath the great temple. God or not, whatever lies below is best kept happy.

Leo: The fortress catacombs. The people here are too poor to afford a barrow, but there is no shame in a place alongside the others, rest undisturbed, guarded by the warriors above.

Virgo: The Quiet Grove. Generations of dead, a sapling planted in their heart before they are buried, a forest ten-thousand strong. Nobody stays after nightfall.

Libra: Those who were forgotten when the tunnel collapsed. Pulling itself from the earth on some black and moonless night. A grim reminder of the restless dead.

Scorpio: Humble farmers ripped from the churchyard. Rest disturbed by sickness and evil intentions. Returned, bathed in the warmth of holy flame.

Ophiuchus: Bodies prepared with perfumes and soaps and flower petals, buried with no casket. Mother earth is given her child back.

Sagittarius: Nothing to bury. A blade and helmet thrust into the earth where the angel set them alight.

Capricorn: A tradition, if a grim one. Body given to the apiary they tended to in life, flesh devoured, body made a home by the insects they raised. One last batch of honey.

Aquarius: Bones collected and cleaned. Given to the smith-priests to enchant iron to steel. The dead returned as a reforged family sword.

Pisces: A paupers grave. Eventually the old dams broke and flooded the whole valley. The tombs of kings and farmers washing together, forming the base for the swamp that grows above them now.