Recruit

Jungkook laid his head on the desk before him, eyes fluttering closed, exhaustion trying to drag him under. It was tiring, well, he certainly felt that it was tiring. He had finally finished that stupid bloody test for his Psychology class, the last one, and now he was trying to get some shut eye before chaos undoubtedly soon followed. He had a class to teach as well, of newbies, and he was just not looking forwards to anything. Least of all did he most certainly not want to deal with attempting to ward off some weird police chief guy. What did he care about being in his stupid "top notch team of elites". They were trying to catch North Korean spies. Jungkook wished they they were a little more realistic. He was a North Korean, nobody would trust him, even if he had been in South Korea for years. He would always have some type of distrust from the others. Always did after all. Then again, as long as they remained unaware he supposed that it was...acceptable. He still did not really want to risk it. After all, what if they figured it out, and if they were as good as to be expected, they would figure it out.

"Look, Taeyong-Ssi," Jungkook said, voice resigned. "I really do appreciate the offer, but, as I have stated the last time you asked, and every time before it, nobody will trust me. I may be South Korean now, but I lived in North Korea. You guys are hunting the North Korean spies, from North Korea. The moment anyone knows that, all trust and friendship will fly out the door. You and I both know that. It does not matter if they know straight up, or before." Jungkook laid his head in his hands, humming to himself, trying to soothe himself from the thoughts which tormented him.

"Jungkook-ah, please." The chief fell to his knees before Jungkook. The younger's eyes widened and he shifted, incredibly uncomfortable all of a sudden. His entire body stiffened, his eyes wide and shocked. His hands began to tremble just slightly.

"Taeyong-ssi," Jungkook said, softly, his voice boarding on pleading. "Come on, TaeYong-Sri, please, there is no need for that....stand up, please." Jungkook did not like this. Taeyong was not standing, and Jungkook's eyes began to water. He hated this entire situations. He moved to try and pull the other up, but TaeYong was resolute. He was not going to, no matter what.

"I am not moving until you agree." The Chief said stubbornly. It was a mean tactic, Jungkook thought vindictively. "Please, at least try. We will not reveal your status. Just, make a video, of something that has happened to you in the North, or something that happened here, or even something from a bloody movie I don't care, and I will have the others watch it and dissect it, and you can see if it is worth it, if they are worth it," The chief stared up at Jungkook with big eyes, staring at him from the floor, which just made Jungkook even more uncomfortable. "Just, please, join, if only for a trial period. You guys will be together for a week or two before you even begin to do anything. Please, I just...I need you." Jungkook did a mix of a sigh and a whine. 

"Fine, Okay, I agree, just get up please." Jungkook said, his hands trembling as he grabbed at the chief, trying to get the other to stand. This time, Taeyong looked incredibly pleased, and instantly stood, leaving Jungkook to sigh in relief at the change. His body relaxed and he sighed in relief. He hated it when people got to their knees before him, when they moved themselves to become under him as though they needed to. As though he deserved such a thing, when he truly did not. He was not one they should be begging to, he had no rights for that and it had always been a point of rule that he made sure nobody felt the need to get on their knees before him. It had never made him comfortable, and likely never would. Especially since he was the youngest, of everyone, practically all the time. He was only twenty-one, with one PhD, and another on the way. It was incredibly rare to find such talent, but Taeyong clearly knew that, and wanted him because of it. Sometimes, Jungkook cursed his intelligence. It seemed to bring him never ending grief, and it was not enjoyable. Many people lauded intelligence, but it could be more of a curse then a gift in many ways.

"When do you want me to get the tape done?" He asked resigned, knowing that it was too late to back out now. He had given his word, and as such he would do as Taeyong wanted. He knew that this was what Taeyong wanted. He wanted him to be a part of his team, but sometimes, Jungkook just did not think it would work. It was...dangerous. At least for him. It put those around him in danger too, and Taeyong knew this, but disregarded it. He wanted his talent. Taeyong knew he would do what he wanted eventually too. He just needed to break him down. 

"Preferably by the end of the week. That is when the first meeting is." Jungkook ran a hand through his dark black locks, tousling them. 

"Yes, okay, I will have it done by then. Just, text me the details. You know my number." And indeed, the chief did. He knew it, the Chief knew that he knew it. Jungkook was surprised that he had not been texting him nonstop, though he supposed that the elder knew that it would not endear him to the man and he had been trying to convince Jungkook to join this stupid team for weeks. 

"Okay, thank you so much Jungkook-ah, you have no idea just how much this means to me!" Jungkook nodded and when the other left, dropped his head onto his hands. Just what was he doing to himself?