Chapter Six

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

"Hey Bella," I call out to her as I packed my things away.

"Hmmm."

"I'm sitting with a few friends at lunch today," I explain, "is that okay?"

Her face quickly recovers from shock as she nods at me. I smile standing up making my way over to the doorway.

"I'll see you later," I say softly.

She smiles, "Sure."

I then turn and walk out of the room into the corridor.

"Emily," I hear a voice call out.

I grin facing the person, "Hey Alice."

She smiles, skipping up to me, "How's school?"

I shrug, "Well it's school, so....."

She rolls her eyes, linking her arm with mine.

"The others are waiting," she says, pointing over to a group hovering outside the cafeteria.

"Where's Jasper?" I ask confused.

She grins.

"I'm right here," a deep voice mutters.

I jump a little at the sudden voice that had joined our conversation.

"Hey," I wave slightly, as Alice drags me towards the rest of her family.

As we edge close I spot the four unknown members of her family. There was another female stood next to a large, buff man. She had long blonde hair, that met her waist. Her eyes offered an angry glare, as her plump lips formed a viscous scowl. I glance over at the guy she stood exceedingly close to, observing his dark brown hair and muscular appearance. My eyes flashed over to the boy with light bronze coloured hair, he was standing next to another boy who shared similar characteristics with Jasper, except he had pitch black hair, not the conditioned honey blonde.

"Who's this Alice?" One of the boys asks.

Alice smiles pointing at me, "This, Emmett, is Emily Swan."

I wave at them awkwardly, to which they all smiled warmly except the young girl.

"She'll be sitting with us today," Alice explains, side glancing to Jasper.

"I hope you don't mind," I state in a small helpless voice, my eyes hovering over the angry features of the gorgeous looking blonde. Irritation suddenly mixed the anger in her eyes.

"Not at all," bronze hair says smiling softly, "my name is Edward."

The boy with black hair, "Caleb."

"Emmett," the buff guy greets.

Alice grins, "well you know my name and you've already met Jasper."

I sense her looking at her sister, a tense moment occurring.

"Um....Rosalie...is it?" I ask nervously, edging closer.

She glances over to me nodding. I silently observe her as the family falls quiet.

"Your not a people person are you?" I blurt out, my eyes widening slightly as my face flushes a little with embarrassment.

Her eyes analyse me, debating on how to respond.

I frown slightly, leaning back in on myself, gripping my hand tightly on the strap of my backpack.

"...I'm not really either...." I explain to her, "I very much like to keep to myself."

She furrows her eyebrows at me, as I stare her in the eyes. This time instead of anger I'm met with golden eyes emitting a slight sadness inside them.

She strangely puts her hand out, much to the surprise of her family who had stayed silent during this encounter. I carefully reach out and clasp her cold hand moulding it to my warm one.

"I'm sorry..." She says softly, causing me to look down uncomfortably, "I hope I haven't made you feel uncomfortable."

I look up suddenly, watching as a small smile slowly tugs at her cheeks.

"No...you didn't..really," I ramble.

She shakes her head, "please. You're right about me not being a people person, it's why I'm always intimidating to others."

I nod gently.

"Shall we get some food?" Rose asks me, "you're looking a little cold."

I furrow my eyebrows at this, given the temperature of her skin. Instead I nod gracefully, pushing the wondering thoughts to the back of my mind.

Alice then skips over to Caleb and drags him towards the cafeteria doors. I walk over following Emmett and Rosalie, Jasper holds the door open for me, as Edward trails on behind us.

xxemsy2510xx