Chapter Fifty-Six

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Things seemed to just get worse as time went by. I was getting bigger by the day and Carlisle predicted I'll be full-term by next week. Bella looks absolutely horrific, her body is thinning by the day since no nutrients are absorbing into her body, instead she's constantly throwing up any food we give her.

At this moment in time Bella seemed to be roughly 5 months pregnant while I now looked 8 months.

I currently sit in an armchair relaxing to the sound of music floating into my ears. I could feel Jasper's presence behind me as he stood protectively over the baby and I.

Me groaning loudly when I hear the revving of a motorcycle approaching the house.

Sitting up I pull out my headphones. Pausing my music, glancing over at my sister in reassurance.

"It will be okay," I whisper, as she nods faintly.

I listen to Carlisle and Jacob downstairs.

"Is it true?" Jacob asks, barging into the house.

"Hello Jacob," Carlisle says greeting him calmly.

"Listen. Just give it too me straight," Jake says, getting right to the point.

Bella must have heard Jake as she calls out for him. Jake then storms up the stairs, cautiously approaching Bella feeling uncomfortable at the entire family who had now all congregated into the living room.

He edges over listening to Bella croakingly acknowledging him, "I'm glad you came."

Rose instantly stands in front of him, her hand forcefully halting him in the chest, "Close enough!"

He rolls his eyes at her, "What's your problem?"

Bella sighs, "Rose, it's okay."

Rose stares coldly at Jake before stepping aside, allowing him to sit in front of us on the coffee table.

Jake first observes Bella before cringing when he looks at me.

"You both look terrible."

I roll my eyes, "What! No hello."

He chuckles.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too," Bella responds fiddling with her blanket.