Chapter Seventy

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Snow was finally falling, the earth slowly become a white canvas.

"The snow is sticking," Bella whispers to Edward and I.

Edward wraps his arm around her waist, "Hey, we still have today."

I smile, walking over, "Edward's right, It's Christmas! Let's make the most of it."

Bella smiles handing me the chocolate cake I had baked, I quickly cut it into several pieces. Taking two plates into the living room.

I chuckle as I spot Matthew's eyes lighting up, "Is that for me mummy?"

"Maybe," I hand it over to him, watching in amusement as he starts stuffing his face.

I walk over to my darling niece, "Do you want any?"

She tentatively looks over at her parents for approval before nodding her head, "Yes please Aunt Emily."

I hand her a plate, letting her sit next to Matthew.

"You want any dad?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "I'm good, but thanks for asking Emmy."

He stands to his feet, "All right! Present time!"

The kids cheer happily.

"Let's go! Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jake, you start. Get it going."

Matthew sits in front of Seth and Leah, carefully unwrapping a small present.

Inside was a beautifully crafted silvery grey wolf.

He gasps loudly jumping to his feet, "Look Mummy!"

He waves it around, I step over intervening before he accidentally breaks it.

"Do you want me to keep it safe?" I ruffle his hair, "We'll put it in your room when we get home."

He nods, "It's super cool!"

I gently take it from him placing on the dining room table. Letting Matthew run back over to give Seth and Leah their presents.

"Emily?" Edward calls out, "How are you feeling?"

I shrug, "Deep down I wish that Jasper was here to share our first proper Christmas together."